Doing the Two Week Liquid Diet AGAIN.....

Options
dcc56
dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
I had to do the two week liquid diet before VGS surgery in May of 2014.
At the time I was a bit worried about doing it but it went just fine for me.
I've been thinking of doing it again after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Not that I plan to over-eat during the holidays or anything...I plan to stay committed,
let me rephrase that...I will remain committed.
It is just an idea I have to refocus my overall eating on smaller amounts.
Kind of like re-calibrating my stomach if that makes senses.
I think by kind of "starting over" with this plan I could maybe reset myself and
be better able to eat less and be satisfied.....doing the two week liquid diet would be "easy"
for me, I still have the plan I used before surgery. I wrote out index cards for all 14 days listing
exactly what I was going to eat...I just followed the plan and it was "doable".
I think having a strict plan and a focus would also be kind of like doing a "fast" so to speak.
It might be helpful as well being more mindful about my eating.
Mindful eating is what I have been working on for about 18 months now.
I know you know it is not easy. What do you think of my plan?

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,706 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I find that works really well for re-setting my hunger buttons. Haven't been able to manage a whole week though. Wish I could.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've been debating doing this as well. I am 10 months out and my weight loss has slowed to a frustrating crawl. I've lost about 5 lbs in the last 2 months. I have about 30lbs left to lose but no matter what I've tried (eating more/less/exercise more,etc) it doesn't seem to want to budge. I want to be at 100 lbs lost for my 1 year surgiversary. My goal weight is around 150lbs, I am currently 183.

I was thinking of doing a sort of modified program (2-3 shakes a day and a sensible dinner of protein and veg)
  • ankinray
    ankinray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to share your eating plan? I'm up 5 lbs and really scared to be at the beginning of party season.
  • AlexisUPenn
    AlexisUPenn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing a modified version myself. Doing protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and a protein meal for dinner (maybe w some veggies)