Help..I have back fat

Options
Ok, so I have lost 112 lbs and I know how to tone up the rest of my body that's sagging, but I have back fat on both sides and hove no clue how to tone it away. Any advice?

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a lot of the body recomposition threads & have become a believer in heavy lifting. After I get back to my maintenance weight, I'm going to start the Strong Lift 5X5 program. I found this thread very inspirational: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1 . I don't know if it will solve my problem or even help, but I am hoping.

When I went in for my plastic surgery consultations, they said I have "lateral chest laxity" which is basically tissue that extends from the bottom of my breasts around my side to my back. To get rid of it, they would include it in a breast lift/reduction & basically just cut all the way around my body & do a bra line lift. That was just more than I was prepared to do. I know that I still have the rolls & laxity at my goal weight & don't actually want to go much lower even though I will still be slightly over my "normal" bmi. Apparently weight lifting can tighten things up & help lower body fat %, so I'm hoping it will help. If not, I'll still be better off.