Tuesday, November 24th

Options
KrisM111
KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
"When you feel like quitting, ask yourself why you started . . . "

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I was so happy to log-in here this a.m. and see group members! WooHoo! Thanks for joining me! How is everyone doing after Monday? I have the week off of work, so my goal is to get the house cleaned up a little bit. I'm *finally* moving our treadmill from the dank, dark, utility room to the upstairs of our house. I need to take away every excuse I have and just start getting on the thing. I wanted to move it to a room that has light exposure and a room that is more appealing, so we're having 2ndWind people come and move and tune it up. I'm looking forward to it! Running used to be my Zen; it kept my anxiety at bay, my thoughts were clearer, and it's something important. I know I will have to start out with walking (and probably holding the side-bars) but that's only temporary! :) Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• Anne_Nic
    Anne_Nic Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am happy to find this group. I spent Monday at the hospital having an iron infusion and antibiotics. Not a fun day at all. Today I have already been on the elliptical and tracked my breakfast. On a side note, after a short time on an elliptical while being anemic and dealing with an infection, you feel like you have been beaten up. Glad I sat a low goal for the time on it this morning, lol!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Anne! So glad you're here. :) Thanks for joining us! Wow. Not a fun way to start the week for you. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?? I'm impressed you brushed it off and got on the elliptical this a.m.! Be careful! lol
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I, too, admire your determination, Anne. I went out for a walk this morning and cut it short (35 min) instead of the 60 min I had done the past week. I had no reason for stopping. :( I'll think of you next time and keep going. :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Morning, Olga! Hey, way to go -- getting out for a walk. Cutting it short is better than not going at all. It's weird, but I'm nervous about starting exercise again. I'll be winded, my joints will hurt, blah, blah. I'm sure it will be fine once I get a few walks under my belt. :)
  • Anne_Nic
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kris, I don't mind sharing at all. I have polycystic kidney disease (PKD). The anemia is caused by having such a low kidney function currently. The infection in my blood was caused by a cyst rupture.

PKD is a genetic kidney disease which runs in my family. I got it from my dad. My dad was on dialysis for awhile and then had a transplant when I was in eighth grade. The transplant continued to function until he passed away in 2001 from non-renal related issues.

One of my sisters, a niece, and a nephew also have PKD. My nephew was on dialysis for sometime before he received a kidney from a living donor earlier this year.

I'm not currently on dialysis, but I am much closer to that time than I would like. I am losing weight in order to be able to receive a kidney transplant when the time comes.
  • tmtost79
    tmtost79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning! And thank you for creating this group! I need the help and some butt kicking to get me motivated! Especially with the holidays coming up!
  • Anne_Nic
    Options
    tmtost- Holidays do make it difficult to stay on track, but hopefully with support like this group it will be a little easier.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Oh, wow, Anne. Thank you for sharing that with us. I've never heard of PKD; I can't imagine the struggles you and your family have faced as a result of it, and I'm so very sorry your Dad passed from it. I'm glad you are OK after the cyst rupture (that sounds scary). You are going to get to that goal weight so you can receive a transplant! I have no doubt! :)

TmTost - So glad you joined us! I'm with you on the holidays. It's one of the reasons I wanted to start *before*! Far too easy to let Thanksgiving turn into holidays turn into New Year, and then it's more time wasted and more lbs. gained.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This group and the members added so far sound great. I have been on MFP since 10/10/15 and while the calories are not melting away I have lost 8 pounds. I hope through the end of the year to lose a little more but there are only a few weeks left and a lot of temptations heading my way. Immediately after December I want to kick it into high gear as we have some milestone events coming and I want to look my healthiest possible as each date comes. Looking forward to hearing more and getting to know each of you!
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some motivation. I have 20lbs to loose. I have been struggling for months just maintaining my weight, never mind loose. I have decided to go to the gym every day and do cardio or weights for however long I feel like just to try to make the gym a habit. The gym is where I struggle the most, just do not get there consistently.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Yes, we are surrounded by holiday temptation, but we are here to encourage each other to make the best choices that we can. I only started walking as exercise last week. Living young, just getting to the gym is a great accomplishment! It's going to get you to your goal that much faster.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Robin, I think 8 lbs. is great!!! I'm glad we all joined when we did. I'd rather have the support going into this time of year, instead of coming out of it trying to find it. :)

LivingYoung-Welcome! Glad you are with us! Supposedly it takes 21 days for a habit to really stick, so it will be easier once you get some traction with it. Admittedly, I have not been to a gym in years, but I used to go 4/5 days a week, and it was habit... if you stick with it, you'll get to a point where it will feel weird if you don't go.