Hammer Jammer Holiday Mile Challenge.

Options
2»

Replies

• ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HJHMC: 1 hour walk to and from my doctor's office today. WTG everybody! Kris a streak is a streak...woohooo! HJ the arthritis workout still needs work. I need a couple more low-impact, moderate-intensity cardio intervals that can be done in a small space for the small group format, i.e. towel runs, high knees, butt kicks. Do you have ideas/stuff you like to do? Thanks buddy.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Amy I like Tabata Sets with Body Weight Squats, and High Reach (Arms over head) Calf Raises Face paced, walk in place during 10 sec rest. Windmills in between tabata's (Feet shoulder width, Arms Extended to parallel and reaching over and down to toe touch opposite foot) These are no impact but can be done to a cardio style pace. They are full body movements and with good form as safe as it gets. Or space the intervals with the ones you mentioned above. Once they players are more advanced you can add weights/resistance bands. Hope that helps.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Oh oh Amy, I have a few on my you tube list. I do them when I'm recovering from an injury (which is half of the year lol) or when I don't feel up for it. I'll post them when I'm on my computer.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Cool HJ and Heron, thanks! I'll be teaching this in a park when I get my group fitness certification. All of those full body movements will be great for cardio intervals. For the strength intervals, I'm going to have a couple pairs of push-up handles available for people with wrist issues who want to do push-ups on their knees or toes. I'll bring different bands with very light to heavy resistance for standing rows, shoulder raises, bicep curls, tri extensions, etc. I'm going to get the bands with nice, cushy padded handles so they feel more comfortable in arthritic hands. I'm going through my music library to create the playlist...I feel a Rolling Stones themed workout coming on...
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC one mi 16:57. Plus Dead lift Day.

Amy Good O Sounds like a fun one.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC 1 mi 1731
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC 1mi 18:50

Good Stuff Heron
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey everybody! Love these workouts Heron! The cross squats and all the movements working the transverse plane are now in my workout :)
    HJ I received my holiday card, thank you! I loved the sentiment of spreading joy. It inspired me to add one thing each day to my gratitude list. I feel the most joy when I'm grateful. I'd like to send you a card, but I couldn't make out your mailing address...will you message it to me?
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well the good thing about the Foster is that I'm forced to walk more but the bad news is no workout. Once we both adjust to the new change again I'll be able to work in something.

Amy I love those cross squats, it felt weird doing it at first but I like working out parts that is normally overlooked. Have fun! Oh how's your research of making your own kraut going? It's easy right?
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Amy - Glad you liked it more on the way.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC 1mi 19:30
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Rest Day
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    Options
    Hi Heron I haven't made the kraut yet. I have the supplies I need and will make the first batch after my final exams next week, I can't wait to sink my teeth into some kraut and sausages!! Nummmy!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Saturday - 1 mi 20:22
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Sunday Mile 1 mi 17:04
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Monday 1 mi 17:45
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm doing the 5 peaks challenge for a class assignment. The 5 peaks challenge was designed by the park service to get people off the over-hiked, stressed trails of Cowles Mountain, which is the highest point in the City of San Diego at 1592 feet. I hiked Cowles yesterday from a less traveled trail up the back of the mountain, around 5 1/2 miles total. A few days ago I hiked North Fortuna. Still have 3 peaks to do by Sunday.
    it23ayh5agn9.jpg
    eh5g5xwkcsdn.jpg
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Good O Amy! U B Jammin!