Introduce yourself to the 50+ pounds to lose community!

Options

Replies

• clredfield
    clredfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Coral. I'm a 28 year old wife and mom of 3. I've lost weight and gained it back with each pregnancy and I'm officially tired of being tired. My starting weight is 200 pounds and my ultimate goal weight is 140-150 or pant size in single digits! I haven't been that small since middle school so this journey will probably be emotional and mental for me as I drop the pounds. Looking forward to cheering you all on!
  • SUMMERSKYGRAY
    SUMMERSKYGRAY Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am currently at 246.5 after gaining 30lbs within the last year. I must get this weight off...it is imperative. Hoping to use this as a support forum and motivator.
  • SUMMERSKYGRAY
    Options
    clredfield wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm Coral. I'm a 28 year old wife and mom of 3. I've lost weight and gained it back with each pregnancy and I'm officially tired of being tired. My starting weight is 200 pounds and my ultimate goal weight is 140-150 or pant size in single digits! I haven't been that small since middle school so this journey will probably be emotional and mental for me as I drop the pounds. Looking forward to cheering you all on!

Hi Coral...I have 3 kiddies as well my last child now 6 was 9lbs. Sadly most of my weight gain is after
    child birth. I am 5'8 and athletic and curvy so the issue is I don't look my weight but boy do I feel it. :(

I have pretty aggressive workout plans. How about you?
  • SUMMERSKYGRAY
    Options
    ashley9452 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Ashley!! I am currently 290 and I would like to lose 150lbs. I've gained weight from two pregnancies and getting married. My schedule is so busy that I never had the time to sit down and prepare my food. So I decided to change my lifestyle and make time to eat right. So far its been a week and I feel a lot better and more energy. I need to do this for me and my family.

Ashley your singing my song. It must be done and we have to make time to workout. I feel a round of depression coming on as I agonize over my weight. I will not let it win. Whatever it takes. I am at 246.5 and will be down to 200 by end of year.
  • SUMMERSKYGRAY
    Options
    Strange my post got cut off. I'll try again. Hi I'm Gabrielle! I'll be turning 30 Jan 11 and I have 57 lbs to lose. I've already lost 10 lbs and I'm pumped to keep on doing the things I need to do to continue losing. XO!

Go Gabrielle, 20 is nice..next you'll be at 20. What are u doing?
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Nice to meet you!!
  • Greenline30
    Greenline30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Strange my post got cut off. I'll try again. Hi I'm Gabrielle! I'll be turning 30 Jan 11 and I have 57 lbs to lose. I've already lost 10 lbs and I'm pumped to keep on doing the things I need to do to continue losing. XO!

Go Gabrielle, 20 is nice..next you'll be at 20. What are u doing?

Hi doll! I can't wait to have lost 20 lbs
  • Greenline30
    Options
    MFP is glitchy
  • Greenline30
    Options
    Well all my replies keep getting cut off
  • JayThomas2
    JayThomas2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm Jay, about half way to my goal and looking for friends to keep me motivated. Still have 30-40 lbs to go:)
  • SUMMERSKYGRAY
    Options
    Hey Jay, welcome...we got you on your request to get rid of the dirty 30.
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been on MFP since May. I started losing weight around January 2015, & came back here when I decided to get serious about it. I chose to go with the Paleo lifestyle due to arthritis & type 2 & between the fantastic support on MFP & this group particularly, I've lost 126 lbs. My doctor took me off all the meds last week bc I'm no longer diabetic!! I still need to lose almost 200 lbs (sad, I know!) but the changes I'm making are permanent & I keep finding new ways to stay motivated!! I love this site & my MFP pals!! You guys are great!! Thanks for starting this group again! I'd be lost without it!!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm Sue from Gold Coast Australia. Struggled with my weight since I was 10. Tried every diet I saw and did nothing but fail and stayed on none longer than 2 weeks.

I had a shock in June as Dr couldn't weigh me as I was too heavy. Went to a transport company to get starting weight. Started by tackling my addiction and quit sugar. Now using MFP for 110 fays and counting all carbs on a ketosis WOE. It's now 5 monnths later, I'm still focused and know this is not a diet but my lifestyle for the rest of my life. This means I won't ever put the weight back on.

I cannot believe i've shed 27kg (59lb) in 20 weeks. I'm so excited and motivated, not hungry and no cravings. Love it. Have another 50kg left to go but that's too much to focus on so will do it one bit a time.
  • flossyjo2012
    flossyjo2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, starting this journey and need to lose 50 lbs. I have some health issues that continually challenge me however, I know that I will feel better if I lose the weight -regardless of any chronic health condition! I know consistency is the key and hopefully, tracking and accountability will help :-)
  • Imthealex
    Imthealex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alex :) I've kind of been stuck on gaining and losing weight for the past year, and I want to just lose those extra pounds before it gets really out of hand. I really want to stick to my plans this time and to not get discouraged like I so often do.
  • TammieTipton
    TammieTipton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tami, I restarted MFP since it helped me before, I've lost 45 pounds before but have gained 20 back by ignoring and making excuses to myself and my health. I work fast food which is hard to stop "grazing" or drinking sodas. I restarted this app because I need to make myself be aware of what I'm putting in my body, I'm starting out at 225 it's been 7 days and I've lost 5 pounds, I am hoping to get to 150 as a good healthy weight for me.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Amy and I started my diet yesterday. I had a huge wake up call when I made a trip to the doctor and found out I am 50 pounds over the maximum healthy weight for my height. My cholesterol is pretty sky high as well. I am turning 40 this year and I guess all of my poor lifestyle choices are starting to catch up with me.

I am aiming for health this time instead of yo-yo dieting. I am so out of shape I don't even know where to start with exercise.... Anyone have any beginner suggestions? Cardio? Weight Lifting? There is so much conflicting information out there!
  • bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorle, as a beginner myself, I can say that walking and yoga are both very forgiving activities that let you progress at your own strength and pace. I've been walking for 30 minutes a day almost every day for the last three weeks, and I can feel my stamina improving. I am getting less winded when climbing a few flights of stairs, and I am able to cover more circuits on the indoor walking track in the same amount of time. Yoga is great because it is very low impact and you can modify the moves until you get stronger.

I think the most important thing I can say is that you have to start somewhere; do what you can, when you can, and just keep moving forward. Don't focus on what you can't do.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    longcher wrote: »
    My name is Cheryl. I just started on my fitness pal. I am hoping to lose 120 lbs. I now weigh 260. I could really use the support.

hi cherl my name is margaret i weigh 272 friend me if you like
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    hi i am margaret my highest weight was 330 pounds that was about 1.5 years ago i am now 272 my main goal is to be medicine free. had a good start last month my water tablet was removed, my stomach pills went from one a day to when needed and my metformin dose was cut in half. i loved the old site nice to see a new one . i welcome friends and am on mfp every day