Did you have prior issues with accurate HR readings at high levels?

Options
heybales
heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
Have you gotten the latest device sync for device update and perhaps app update?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/11/24/will-fitbit-incs-latest-update-keep-it-ahead-of-it.aspx

Do you do elliptical workouts and care to test if Charge HR or Surge sees the workout automatically?

Walking has already been confirmed.

Did you do prior test with another HRM and found the HR accuracy lost it as HR went up?

Could you test again?

Might be interesting to know.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I've confirmed automatic detection of walking, running and aerobic workout (in my case, Wii Zumba). I'm a little bothered because it doesn't show me the estimated distance. That's reasonable for the aerobic workout but I'd like to see it for the walking and running. Both were done on my treadmill and I don't quite trust its distance reading while I do trust my walking stride that I've set in Fitbit. (I don't have a good number for the running stride yet.)

The HR accuracy seems to still be fine for me. I've been wearing my chest strap HRM while doing Couch to 5k on the treadmill and they continue to agree. The C25k workout gets my heart rate pretty high for me (150). My "theoretical" max heart rate is about 162.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, I had the same problem. I had to edit the workout to tell Fitbit it was a walk, and then the distance appeared. If it says workout, no distance shows.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    The hr feature doesn't seem to be as accurate as my chest strap. I had one workout that was similar after five minutes, but the next was 15-20 beats lower for the whole thing. Distance was spot on for me once I set my stride. I will keep wearing my Garmin for runs, but not bother for walks.
  • Jmacey718
    Jmacey718 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I synced it with mfp and with hearty Meals, its a food delivery service ive been using that delivers meals based on your daily activity.