Keto/Low Carb Recipe

Options
garber6th
garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
I posted this in another group too, so you might be seeing this twice :-)

I was browsing Pinterest for low carb/keto-friendly recipes, and I came across this recipe for Pork Rind Tortillas theprimitivepalate.com/2015/02/08/pork-rind-tortillas/. Normally, about 50% of the recipes I make from Pinterest should end up on on of those "Pinterest Fail" blogs, but with a few tweaks, these turned out pretty good.

I followed the recipe and cooked a couple, but found them to be too thick. It was like eating an omelet. I added extra water to the batter and carefully spread them in the pan to make them thinner and they were MUCH better. I also substituted light cream cheese for regular cream cheese. I didn't use spicy pork rinds, but I did add my own spices. So, while they are not the hand made corn tortillas from my favorite Mexican spot, I was really happy with how they turned out, they will definitely do the trick!cqtfjbdm6ppg.jpg

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you garber6th! I did see these in the other group, but definitely plan to try them!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Thank you garber6th! I did see these in the other group, but definitely plan to try them!
    Awesome :-) I froze most, and they actually hold up really well in the freezer and reheat really well.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I can see using this in a few recipes! I am so excited to try this!