Being sleeved December 10 2015

Options
2»

Replies

• misschoc72
    misschoc72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi MissChoc72. I'm getting my sleeve on the 14th. you're almost there!

How are u making out after surgery so far would love to hear
  • misschoc72
    Options
    PaulyLB1 wrote: »
    Sleeved 12/14/15- So glad I did it! I feel more and more like the old me.

I was sleeved 12/10/15 and I'm glad I did it also I'm glad I'm on regular foods now down about 44 pounds or so I believe
  • misschoc72
    Options
    misschoc72 wrote: »
    PaulyLB1 wrote: »
    Sleeved 12/14/15- So glad I did it! I feel more and more like the old me.

I was sleeved 12/10/15 and I'm glad I did it also I'm glad I'm on regular foods now down about 44 pounds or so I believe

• Lareynita11
    Lareynita11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I was sleeved on 12/10/15 too. I also thought the weight would fall off quicker. I just hit 30lbs down. I have little restriction(can gulp drinks, no food bothers me) Honestly, sometimes I wonder if they actually removed some of my stomach. Doing well eating no breads, pasta, rice, and no sweets. The only "problem" I have had is not being as "regular" as before.....
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @Lareynita11 It's not "JUST" hitting 30 lbs! You lost an amazing amount of weight in less than two months! Think about the last time that happened! Some lose slower than others, but it still comes off. Also, for me, I was super slow the first two months, my surgeon was starting to doubt me, and gave me my "on target" goal for my four month appointment. That appointment is February 17. I just surpassed his goal TODAY! So give it time!

When you say you have little restriction, are you meaning to the types of food you can eat or that amounts? I have little restriction based on food type, but I am DEFINITELY restricted based on amounts! At 3 1/2 months out, I'm eating about 2 ounces of protein, 1/4 cup veggies (more for things like raw spinach), and 1/8 to 1/4 cup starch (beans, fruits, etc). I fight to get my calories over 850.

The day after my surgery my surgeon ordered a test to make sure there were no leaks. I got to see the films. (He was quite excited to show me, it was actually quite awesome, he told me I was an "ideal" outcome...so I don't want to screw it up!) It's part of the reason I KNOW my stomach was reduced! I saw it!

Feel free to add me on here, message any time...good luck!