December 6th - December 12th: What will your commitment be?

Options
KrisM111
KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
jfnqphgjdtmf.jpg

Hi, everyone! It's the start of a new challenge week! What will you commit to?

This week I'm committing to three days on the treadmill (minimum of 30 minutes) and a decent amount of water each day.

@irishsungirl -- I feel the same way. So much better than the first day I started and it hasn't even been that long. Treating ourselves better can create a huge shift quickly! :)

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm committing to keeping to my training schedule (10 sessions, minimum) and being strict with my eating. Still 3kgs to drop for competition weight and party next Sat when I want to look nice in the corset!
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This will be a tough week for me, dinner out on Monday and traveling Thursday through Sunday. I am committing to choosing healthy menu meals (skipping the bread basket which is hard for me) and getting in as many steps as possible. I haven't missed a morning work out for nearly sixty days and there is no gym or pool where I am staying. I'm taking my computer so I can log my calorie intake. My fitbit is on the fritz and my cell phone battery is weakening. I am waiting to see what Santa brings before purchasing any new electronics. This is life and learning to enjoy it within the limits of budget, health and fitness is my top priority at this time. Knowing you are all here and face the same struggles gives me strength to stay on track.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Log daily
    Sleep well
    Be mindful of my choices while out of town
    Exercise 5 of 7 days
    Lose 2 pounds
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I had the worst week possible at work last week a woman I work with said she felt threatened by me and called for a manager. She is like a 100 lbs a heavier than me and 6 inches taller. Today she comes in and says lets be friends and asks for a hug. This woman scares the crap out of me. I'm sure I looked like a deer caught in the headlights on the camera as she was coming towards me. I gave the hug only cause i wish to see another day.

my goals this week
    Stay alive LOL
    exercise everyday
    go to bed early
    drink more water
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Your new BFF sounds creepy.
    @CaptainBoing With your commitment to training I am sure you will be pleased with yourself in your corset.
    @Living360 You are not letting anything stop you from succeeding. That's awesome! Sharing your struggles gives us strength. Thanks.
    @JMarcella57 I like your goals for the week. I think I'll just say "ditto". :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @NewOR2015 my daughter said as I hugged her it sealed it she's my new BFF. That just really freaked me out. I have 4 more years to go then my daughter is no longer covered under our insurance and I can consider looking for another job.What you will do for your children. Lol.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    This week I will go outside and walk.
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a great week ahead.

This week I am committing to five full days in the gym, ideally Monday to Friday. I started the day off strong with cardio and a training session. My weekends are busy with my brother in law visiting so I want to make sure I am getting my workouts in during the week.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Living360 wrote: »
    This will be a tough week for me, dinner out on Monday and traveling Thursday through Sunday. I am committing to choosing healthy menu meals (skipping the bread basket which is hard for me) and getting in as many steps as possible. I haven't missed a morning work out for nearly sixty days and there is no gym or pool where I am staying. I'm taking my computer so I can log my calorie intake. My fitbit is on the fritz and my cell phone battery is weakening. I am waiting to see what Santa brings before purchasing any new electronics. This is life and learning to enjoy it within the limits of budget, health and fitness is my top priority at this time. Knowing you are all here and face the same struggles gives me strength to stay on track.

You can do it, Robin! I know it's hard going out to eat -- especially at places with the dreaded bread baskets! lol Gah! Good for you for making your health a priority; you deserve that!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    I'm committing to keeping to my training schedule (10 sessions, minimum) and being strict with my eating. Still 3kgs to drop for competition weight and party next Sat when I want to look nice in the corset!

Let us know how it is going!! I'm sure you'll look great by corset time (corset sounds like a scary thing to me right now, but I'm sure you'll rock it!)

• KrisM111
    Options
    Log daily
    Sleep well
    Be mindful of my choices while out of town
    Exercise 5 of 7 days
    Lose 2 pounds

Great plan!! I know staying on-plan while being out of town is not always easy. Best of luck and let us know how it's going!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    I had the worst week possible at work last week a woman I work with said she felt threatened by me and called for a manager. She is like a 100 lbs a heavier than me and 6 inches taller. Today she comes in and says lets be friends and asks for a hug. This woman scares the crap out of me. I'm sure I looked like a deer caught in the headlights on the camera as she was coming towards me. I gave the hug only cause i wish to see another day.

my goals this week
    Stay alive LOL
    exercise everyday
    go to bed early
    drink more water

LOL -- yeah, staying alive is probably a top priority! What in the world!? What did you manager say about all of it?? Hope things stabilize at least!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Hi, Olga & Trish! Hope you all are having decent Mondays! :)

One day of being on the 'mill down - 2 more to go. On my days where I don't officially work-out, I'm trying to at least do something relatively active. Closet cleaning time. I swear I have a million different sizes in my closet, yet nothing fits. How can that be??
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @KrisM111, I am having the issue of pants being loose in areas (like my butt) but still fitting around my waist. So I have a saggy bottom look going on right now, which I hate. I have also bought smaller blouses that fit great everywhere except they are tight on my biceps. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose. :)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    This week I will go outside and walk.

Okay, it was really pretty outside. So, I went for a walk in our rather hilly neighborhood. I guess I'll update my goal and say: This week I will go outside and walk - more that one time. :)
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @JMarcella57 - we have a beautiful neighborhood near our apartment complex where I love to walk in, especially during this time of the year. The big, beautiful homes are decorated for the holidays and the late autumn leaves. I find a good walk very peaceful at times.

Good job on the walk today - keep up the good work!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Robin & Kris, to my pleasant surprise my neighborhood's homes have more holiday decorations this year than in past years. :) I am enjoying my daily walks, plus I am doing additional laps at the middle school track. Today's weather in Austin was amazing!
  • AllieUK
    AllieUK Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Even though I missed yesterday, This week I am aiming to think before I eat. Am I hungry or bored???

Also drink my target water each day, and log everything even if its over my limit :smile:
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Welcome, AllieUK! So glad you are joining us! The more the merrier! :smile: Being mindful of our hunger is very important! I wish I would have done that yesterday, actually. It's so easy to eat out of boredom/habit. We can change the patterns though!

That is great you guys are getting outside for walks. Fresh air + exercise - good combination to feel better.

Confession time: I really went off the rails yesterday. Let one bad decision spiral into many bad decisions with food. However, I am vowing to stop it at that. One day. I saw something on another site that said, "One bad day will not make us unhealthy/fat no more than one day of healthy eating will make us skinny." That really stuck with me. I can recover from one day of bad choices!!!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @KrisM111, were you having a stressful day yesterday? Did something trigger your eating? I find that when I don't get enough sleep, I crave carbo loaded foods and can go a little crazy with them.