Introduce yourself

Options
grassette
grassette Posts: 976 Member
I have been practicing Tai Chi for seven years and Qigong for two years. I have found Yang-style Tai Chi to be very healing. It burns a surprisingly high number of calories and is a weight bearing exercise. My Tai Chi practice has gone a long way towards healing my back problems. I would love to be younger so as to embrace the beauty of Chen-style practice. What has your experience of Tai chi been?

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, that's the way to do it! Just start a group yourself! Most excellent!

I have never done Tai Chi, but have always wanted to explore the practice. I have done Qigong on my own using DVDs and online YouTube videos. I started Qigong about 2 years ago while looking for more natural remedies for chronic health conditions. I have not been consistent with it, but am trying to get back into making it a regular practice.
  • clippergear
    clippergear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll be beginning Tai Chi this weekend via DVD. I've never done it before but have been wanting to learn Tai Chi for the longest time. I'm going to take my time and learn the moves as well as I can and not try to rush it. I figured while I'm making these other healthy changes in my life why not learn Tai Chi as well. I would like to make it a regular thing in my life. I'm interested to see if it relieves any of my chronic pain issues and also just for general stress relief. Thanks for forming this group.
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm learning Tai Chi and Qigong via a dvd course by David Dorian Ross. It helps my balance. My chiropractor is happy that I am doing this,
  • malachy684
    malachy684 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing Taoist Tai Chi (version of Yang 108 moves) for 3 years. I do the set twice daily. Now committing to weight loss. Advice?