New here, intro

Options
Hi! I saw a link to this group on another post. I'm 28, a single mom, who has gotten way out of shape. I have always been heavy but after my son was born it got really bad. I lost almost 50lbs with MFP about a year and a half ago but I've gained almost all of it back so here I am again. I need to lose well over 100lbs to be at a healthy weight for my height. I'm 5'1".

I have been tracking calories, using a fitbit to motivate me to move more (when I see that my step count is low for the day I'll just do laps around the house or around the yard over and over because then at least I'm moving, or I'll pace the room while watching TV instead of sitting on the couch). I also recently started c25k. I completed Day 3 today.

I think the reason I failed last time was the lack of people holding me accountable and supporting me so I'm looking for more of that this time around. :)

Replies

• chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi mclark552! My name is Erin, welcome! I use my iPhone to count my steps and I do the same thing you do! I pace the room while watching tv, love seeing how many steps I've taken throughout the day!
  • xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!! You're doing awesome and the laps around the yard is a great idea!!!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm glad to be here!
This discussion has been closed.