Gain/slower loss with a cold?

Options
cpw2109
cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
Do any of you find that any losses don't show on the scales when you're suffering with a cold?

I'm currently recovering from a cold - still stuffy/blocked and feeling generally rubbish. I had an unofficial weigh this morning and I haven't budged the scales at all - still in 1000kcal/day deficit.

When I saw that I'd made the effort, but got nothing from it (and because I'm a poorly lamb), I came quite close to falling off the wagon. The only thing that stopped me from wavering from the path was that, deep down, I know it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Replies

• voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a cold right now (sore throat, stuffy/congested, cough, etc.) and have noticed that I dropped a bit more than expected (almost 2lbs) and it's not even weigh-in day (usually Fridays for me). Then again, it is probably due to the fact that I'm only eating soups--my throat hurts--drinking fluids (like hot teas and OJ)...and probably not hitting all my calories because nothing really tastes good. Meh. Don't stress, it'll even out in the end because you're right...it is a marathon...not a sprint
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well, my cold cleared up and I saw the scales move. Lost 3lb this week. Been a tough week, mentally. But, I'm now 24lb down and people are beginning to notice. Pleasing stuff.