Went off the deep end!

erebar
erebar Posts: 77 Member
This week has been soooo bad. OMG
I've got to get back on track before I undo all my hard work. I think I've literally gained 3-4 lbs this week. I've lost all my self discipline and self control. I keep falling back into my old mindset making excuses for each bad decision. It's Christmas- I won't eat this once the kids are gone so I might as well enjoy it now...etc. UGH! I have to go back to no sweets I can't do a little. I end up eating way too many.

Replies

• istarith
    istarith Posts: 71 Member
    :s Don't I know it!! I'm really sorry you're feeling so much stress; I think we're all going through something similar, so you're in some good company. Just this week alone, I've had: My birthday, a night out with friends to see "Star Wars," my husband's office Christmas party, my friend's Christmas party, and Christmas dinner out with MORE friends!! Celebratory food is EVERYWHERE!!

I can tell you that I am absolutely celebratorily eating (it's Christmas; TRY to stop me!), but I've still been hitting the gym + treadmill on the regular. Y'know, for my own sanity. And have been taking my husband and friends, too -- holiday bonding time at the gym! I'm sort of excited to be visiting family back at home just to see my pregnant sister and drag her with me to hop on the elliptical! My advice is to maybe try the same; if you find yourself joining them, maybe a couple of them will join you on a brisk walk outside, or a trip to the gym!

I mean, you should be eating the Christmas foods; don't let it get you down. If you're feeling guilty, or you can feel the effects of what you're eating just in the few days you've been eating, step out for an hour and work it off :smile:
  • erebar
    Thanks! @istarith I am trying to keep my workouts up for the most part so I guess that is one good thing. Maybe I just need a challenge extension! 20 lbs. by Jan 31st of 2016! LOL
  • ChandalNicole
    ChandalNicole Posts: 166 Member
    Don't stress about the "end" of the challenge! The whole point is, you've made progress! The holidays are always chaotic and extremely stressful when you're trying to eat well. I find the more that I tell myself "no" and beat myself up over it, the worse I eat. If I go in with the mindset that I'm just going to enjoy myself for today and do a 180 and get back on track tomorrow, I do MUCH better. :) Keep going! The holidays are almost over. Just keep your goal in mind!!
  • erebar
    Don't stress about the "end" of the challenge! The whole point is, you've made progress! The holidays are always chaotic and extremely stressful when you're trying to eat well. I find the more that I tell myself "no" and beat myself up over it, the worse I eat. If I go in with the mindset that I'm just going to enjoy myself for today and do a 180 and get back on track tomorrow, I do MUCH better. :) Keep going! The holidays are almost over. Just keep your goal in mind!!

Thanks!!