Chat & Accountability 12/26 -1/2/2016

carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
Happy Last Week of 2015!
Any New Year's Resolutions? I plan to start eating cleaner. I'm in the gutter with processed food right now. Saw this on LinkedIn. I love it. Have a great week & Happy New Year! i2xhlsrfxwl8r.png

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2015
    Happy Sunday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you. Not a lot going on here. May do some painting later today and some craft experiments for my D ward guys. Last week was a rest week so Heavy lifts today.

Gun Runners. The package is not a Christmas Pressie just finally getting it thought out and a working technique came together. Happened last weekend. Hope you like them. Carol if you can send me Bills Address I will get one in the mail to them or I can send it to you either way let me know. heron - Yours should arrive tomorrow.

Great Pic Carol!

TTFN !
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Monday Folks! The start of another great week. The opportunities to excel are everywhere!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Wednesday Folks! Today is 2015's pent-ultimate day. Enjoy it.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    My new year's resolution is to focus on strength training and of course keep eating clean most of the time and let the bodyfat % fall wherever my body deems possible. I did not lose weight this year, in fact I gained, I was bummed about it but I take that as a life lesson and just have to keep pushing to my bodyfat goal.
    I learn that I just cannot push myself, the injuries just sets me back too much.

Oh and I successfully did 35lb kettlebell clean and jerk, granted the last 2 sets I have to give a little hop and I know 35lb is not a heavy weight but that's an improvement for me.

John, thank you for the lovely gift! You are so thoughtful and sweet. Arturo and I loved it! Who's picture did that belong to?
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    WTG Heron on the clean and jerk! Sounds like your goal to focus on strength training is off to a great start. I hear you on the injuries. Since I've been traveling and before that was sitting to study a lot, I haven't been working out. My injuries are so much better from taking a break. Guess I'll see how they are when I start back up in the gym but I think the couple weeks of rest is what I needed.

Carol the pic is adorable. Everyone in our group are my #10s :)

Speaking of #10, HJ 'the opportunites to excel are everywhere' will be my mindset this week. Thank you buddy.
  • carolssalva
    Amy, I agree. The group inspires me too!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Happy Thursday Folks! Have a Happy and safe New Years Celebration hopefully I'll get home after work tonight before its too drunk out on the roads.

Heron - Glad you guys like it. A point out yours is the only one with a crew served weapon on it. I think the pic is from Carol's FB post back in Oct. Good Job on the KB 35lb is plenty of weight for ya. It's about double what the Book I have on recommends for females. So U B Jammin'!

Amy - Yep . Good work on the rest. I have deloaded as well.

Thought for the New Year. Take this from an Old Guy as accumulated wisdom. No matter what you've done no matter how high you have climbed, no matter how many accolades, you have a better day ahead of you, you have another chance to be amazing, and its right there on you trail, right down the road, now ruck up! Get your chin up! Chest out! and Move out! It's out there! Go find it! Pick it up and Run like the Wind with It! Get out there! and B JAMMIN'!
  • heronh
    John, thank you for the reminder.

Amy, I read the older post and my workout plan is 4 days of kettlebell and as much yoga as I can fit, plus my walks and hopefully longer/more intense walks. My fitness goal is to out grow my max kettlebell of 35lb by April. Already picked out my adjustable kettlebell. I really like kettlebells because I like how dynamic kettlebell workouts are.

Happy New year to everybody!
  • carolssalva
    Happy New Year! I just ate a massive amount of processed food. I'm targeting Jan 4th as my day to get much cleaner on the eating.
    Amy- I'm going to start to get moving. Not sure yet on what or how. But I need to start up again!
    Have fun all!!
    Wishing you many blessings in Sweet 16!
  • Hmrjmr1
    A Happy Start to Sweet 16- Today at work, Pizza and Football party for the Homeless/SATP/ PTSD guys, and then Pizza Party on the D ward tonight. Should be a fun day. Was a tough day yesterday said goodbye to one of my first patients 5 1/2 years ago on the Palliative care ward, Sergeant Major is not expected to make through the weekend, Took a bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice up and we had a couple of toasts. Then on the D ward last night one of the patients threw another one down to keep him from going in his room. Had to step in between them. NO BODY HURT THANKFULLY. Another day as a Healthcare provider.

On the health and fitness front CB body Fat is 24% so holding the line. Will talk about goals tomorrow got hit the street for now. Take good care everybody. Give your Huny a Hug. Now! Don;t wait, just do it now. B)

• Hmrjmr1
    Happy Saturday Folks! Still mulling over the coming years projects. Decided not to set them as goals. I think a big part of success is how you view the objective. I think for me at least thinking of my activities and and the result is better if I view it as a long term project/mossion, with intermediate steps, rather than a single defined result. More later gotta get weavin for now.
    Have a great day.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Heron I like how specific you are, including a kettlebell weight goal to work towards. I'm hearing from you and from my exercise science professors that kettlebell training is one of the best workouts you can do. I think I'm going to re-define my program with more natural kettlebell movement. I'll re-post exactly what my program will be when I get it figured out.

Carol I hear you! Oh man I've been eating constantly. I had nearly eliminated sugar before Christmas and now I'm back into it :( I'm not sitting in my car with a bag of chocolate chips though, so that's progress for me. I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans for your fitness program.

HJ glad no one was hurt. Good thing you were there. I'm interested to hear more about how you define your goals.

Happy New Year everyone!
  • heronh
    John, what a day! I agree with Amy, Glad no one was hurt.

Amy, keep us posted on your new routine! If you do decide start using kettlebell weights be sure to find a RKC certified trainer. There are a lot nuances in kettlebell movements. It's up to you to decide if you want to follow the hard style (Russian) or American. I personally feel that the hard style is better because the movements better protects me from injuries,

My eating hasn't been great due to the various holiday functions but I'm also not stuffing down carbs on a daily basis. We'll see when I weight myself this Friday. I'm not going to be worked up if I gained even more weight but I will be bummed. Hey I made those bad decisions so I gotta accept the consequences.

We are going to shot show in Vegas!! Yay! Arturo has a pass (I don't) but it'll still be fun for me.