Options
13»

Replies

• Gremlin131313
    Gremlin131313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mandi.

Starting Weight/Current Weight/Heaviest Weight is 215.4

Goal Weight: No clue...could be 115 at the lowest or 150 at the highest. Not sure until I get closer.

I'm 24 years old and 5'3! I'm a stay-at-home mother to two little cubs...my daughter will be 3 in and my son will be 1 both in February. I'm also full-time student. I've never ever been close to this heavy until after I had my son. I stopped nursing and within weeks I began having horrible pelvic pain, my appetite was out of control, as was my exhaustion...and I had no idea what was wrong with me! After a surgery in November I got diagnosed with endometriosis and am still currently struggling. 2016 will bring a second surgery, but until then I'd like to do the best I can with these crazy hormones!

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    emberellis wrote: »
    Hello!! I'm Ember :blush: :

Heaviest Weight: 162
    Current Weight: 143
    Goal Weight: 125
    Height: 5'6

I'm 23 from Scotland :smiley:
    I have a rottweiler x staffordshire bull terrier cross who just loves her walkies! I love running and cycling and workout a lot. I eat really healthily and since I'm a vegan a lot of fruit and veggies!!! <3:love:

Your dog must love her healthier, more active Mommy.
  • sandykaunisto
    sandykaunisto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey All
    I am Sandy
    CW 165
    GW 150
    Height 5'7"

I have love training for the majority of my life. Feb. 19 I will have hip replacement surgery, 6 weeks later the left hip. I will be needing to watch what I am eating for many weeks without exercise and I do not want to gain weight. This environment will keep me on program until May. Also for the next 6 weeks I will be trying to eat an anti inflammatory diet. Squeeze clean.
  • lorraineyahr
    lorraineyahr Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi - My name is Lorraine. I am 63 - I'll be 64 this month! 5'3" - my heaviest weight was 140 eons ago, that I ballooned up to from 115 in a year. It took a few years to get down to about 120. And then I gave up smoking so gave myself permission to eat anything as compensation. Then I saw a picture of myself...yikes. So worked on getting it off - lots of exercise etc. and got down to 122ish. I slowly sneaked up again and bounced between 126-131 for years - and after I got married (4 years ago) - it started sneaking up again. I weighed in at 138.9 this morning (Jan 1). I'd like to get down to 126. AND STAY THERE. I did start meditating recently - secular - (headspace.com) - so I am hoping to live more mindfully, which means mindful eating - and pull the anxiety away from losing weight. I tend to snack after 8PM, so I am tying a pair of jeans I want to fit into, around the handles of the fridge every night at 8PM. I mean, I'm not even remotely hungry when I get the crave to snack so I know it psychological thing/habit. I want to run 12 5Ks this year - so hopefully that will inspire me. Good luck everyone! :) Thanks for starting this!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I'm Ros, I'm 48 years old and 5'7" tall. I live in Sheffield, UK, I'm married and I have 3 not-so-small kids (aged 21, 19 and 13). Current weight 245lbs, heaviest ever 248lbs (in September 2015). Goal weight- I'd be delighted to be 11st 10lbs again (164lbs) which I was when I got married 22 years ago, even though I'd technically still be overweight.
    To be honest, anything that goes off and stays off would be better than anything I've managed previously, as I have a horrible habit of eating and drinking in times of stress and have yo-yo'd my way up to my present weight as a consequence. Ironically, I work in mental health, and need to start practising what I tell my patients *blush*
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Martin from the UK. I'm 58, 5'11", and at my weigh-in Friday 1st Jan I was at my heaviest at around 253lb. I have used MFP in earnest a couple of times in the past, probably losing about 20lb and then putting it back on, and a bit more.

So.....I guess my target is around 182lb. How am I going to get there?....hmmm. Well, I will be counting everything that enters my mouth, so no eating out for at least the first 50% of the journey. Likewise, no alcohol for that time too. Ugh! Feel like giving up already! ☺At some point, if it stops #&£)£*% raining I'll get the bike out, and when around 220lb get the running shoes out for some 5k runs. That's the plan. And the best laid plans of mice and men.....
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I want to run 12 5Ks this year - so hopefully that will inspire me. Good luck everyone! :) Thanks for starting this!

Hey Lorrain, 12 5Ks sounds like fun. 1 each month? I also like your idea about tieing the fridge closed with the jeans. Good luck!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    not2late wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Martin from the UK. I'm 58, 5'11", and at my weigh-in Friday 1st Jan I was at my heaviest at around 253lb. I have used MFP in earnest a couple of times in the past, probably losing about 20lb and then putting it back on, and a bit more.

So.....I guess my target is around 182lb. How am I going to get there?....hmmm. Well, I will be counting everything that enters my mouth, so no eating out for at least the first 50% of the journey. Likewise, no alcohol for that time too. Ugh! Feel like giving up already! ☺At some point, if it stops #&£)£*% raining I'll get the bike out, and when around 220lb get the running shoes out for some 5k runs. That's the plan. And the best laid plans of mice and men.....

Hey Martin,
    I have to limit my alcohol, too. I gain weight every time that I drink. Of course, it doesn't help that I have to finish a bottle of wine once I open it. 550 calories later....

Sounds like you have a good plan. I wish it would stop raining here, too! I want to get outside and run.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    Hey All
    I am Sandy
    CW 165
    GW 150
    Height 5'7"

I have love training for the majority of my life. Feb. 19 I will have hip replacement surgery, 6 weeks later the left hip. I will be needing to watch what I am eating for many weeks without exercise and I do not want to gain weight. This environment will keep me on program until May. Also for the next 6 weeks I will be trying to eat an anti inflammatory diet. Squeeze clean.

Hey Sandy! What kind of training have you done? Hip replacement surgery does not sound like fun. Hopefully, it will bring good things, though.
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Keaira. I'm 21. I just had my son 6 months ago. When I gave birth to him I weighed 144lbs. I thought the weight would fall off, but nope. I've been stagnant for the last five months. Neither up or down. I might be on the smaller side, but I am very unhealthy and unfit. I'm doing this life changing thing not only for me but for my two boys. I currently weigh 126lbs which is 10lbs from my pre pregnancy weight, but my body is structured so differently than before I had kids. On top of all of that, I have to change my eating habits. I don't cook. So instead I eat out and eat snacks. It's horrible. I feel horrible. I know that's not a good example for my kids. I need the motivation and support to do better and live better. My goal is not just to lose the baby weight. I want to be healthy
  • mudmama8
    mudmama8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stephanie. 36 years old... Mom to a 7 month old boy, and a 15 year old girl. Stepmom to 17 year old boy, 19 year old girl. My heaviest weight was when I was pregnant @ 289 lbs. Two weeks ago I was at 261. Lowest weight as an adult has been 236. As of this morning's weigh in I was at 250. My goal is 170-180. I just finished my bachelor's in December for criminal justice, starting my graduate classes this month, and just went back to work a month ago at a Montessori school teaching. I try to cook and eat healthy, portion sizes are my biggest problems. I have pcos, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs on my back, and stenosis. I hope to get healthy and help my back problems, as well as be able to play and run with the baby soon! My 15 year old is a runner and want to do a few 5ks with her as well eventually.
  • shelzbak2016
    shelzbak2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Michelle, I am 41 and live in Northern Minnesota with my husband of 8 years and our almost 4 year old son. I started my weight loss journey (again) after being pregnant with my son and have been on every diet/program or plan there is out there. I love and need accountability so this group is perfect for me. I stay home with our son so I can plan my meals pretty well, but keeping motivated and away from the sweets is my biggest down fall. I started at 331 lbs (highest weight) and am down to 270. My ultimate goal is 125 but I am working on stage 2 and that goal is 195. Looking forward to meeting, chatting and fighting the good fight with all of you.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    mudmama8 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Stephanie. 36 years old... Mom to a 7 month old boy, and a 15 year old girl. Stepmom to 17 year old boy, 19 year old girl. My heaviest weight was when I was pregnant @ 289 lbs. Two weeks ago I was at 261. Lowest weight as an adult has been 236. As of this morning's weigh in I was at 250. My goal is 170-180. I just finished my bachelor's in December for criminal justice, starting my graduate classes this month, and just went back to work a month ago at a Montessori school teaching. I try to cook and eat healthy, portion sizes are my biggest problems. I have pcos, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs on my back, and stenosis. I hope to get healthy and help my back problems, as well as be able to play and run with the baby soon! My 15 year old is a runner and want to do a few 5ks with her as well eventually.

5k's with your daughter sounds like an awesome goal!
  • lorirasmussen64
    lorirasmussen64 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My Name is Lori,

I'm 51 and live in Wisconsin.

Height-5'4
    Heaviest weight-221
    Current weight-219
    Goal weight- 145

I'm excited and appreciative for this challenge. My daughter is getting married in July and I really want to look and feel good at the wedding. A few years ago I was doing great with my exercising and actually was running 5 K's. I felt great, even though I didn't make it to my goal weight. For some reason I stopped and I just want to get back there again and keep it up.

Good luck everyone!
  • shelzbak2016
    shelzbak2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mudmama8 it sounds like you and I have a lot in common. We should be accountability pals! Looks like your doing great!
  • mudmama8
    mudmama8 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mudmama8 it sounds like you and I have a lot in common. We should be accountability pals! Looks like your doing great!

Sounds good to me! Add me!!
  • ddebruhl
    ddebruhl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My name is Dinah. I'm 22 years old. I am a mother of one beautiful little 8 month old. I am currently a stay at home mom. My highest weight was 236lbs at delivery. I weighed 212lbs before pregnancy. I am down to 195lbs now with no effort. But now, I want to work hard and get healthy for my family. My final goal weight is 150lbs, but for now I have a short term goal of 180lbs.
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need to be more accountable so here goes!

Current: 217.6
    Goal: 160
    Heaviest: 232

I am a registered nurse and single mom to 3 amazing boys. I was at my heaviest in 2012 during nursing school. I lost down to 190 and gained it back. I have successfully reached my goal weight before but through unhealthy means and was only able to maintain it for a year or so before it all came piling back on. My biggest challenge is food, sweets particularly. Although I'm fairly active at work, home is another story. I got a Fitbit last month and have been increasing my activity. I can honestly say I have more energy and am less tired, but am hungry!
  • sandykaunisto
    sandykaunisto Posts: 18 Member
    Options

TracyeS4 wrote: »
    Hey All
    I am Sandy
    CW 165
    GW 150
    Height 5'7"

Hey Sandy! What kind of training have you done? Hip replacement surgery does not sound like fun. Hopefully, it will bring good things, though.

I can swim, spin, and elliptical basically anything that keeps my feet on the ground. I lift weights for upper body, Pilates and stretching classes.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    Hey All
    I am Sandy
    CW 165
    GW 150
    Height 5'7"

I can swim, spin, and elliptical basically anything that keeps my feet on the ground. I lift weights for upper body, Pilates and stretching classes.

Your cycling classes sound hard core. I really like group classes, but my work schedule makes it hard to get to the classes. Ultimately, working out on my own time is the only way I am able to get anything done. Of course, working out after a 12 hour day is pretty rough too. My husband and I started a 12 week weight training program and my husband is set on keeping to the program's schedule. It can be really hard to get motivated to do 1.5 hours of weight training after a 12 hour shift. I'm doing it, though!