The Need To Knows

Options
istarith
istarith Posts: 71 Member
These are the basics for how each week will run down!

First, set a goal for yourself; go ahead and post what you'd like to accomplish in the Introduction Section! If you don't think you can lose 2lbs a week, that's okay! Keep focused on your own dietary and fitness needs, and stick to them! The important thing here is having a goal for what you'd like to do by when!

Second, Sundays are the end-of-week weigh in days; feel free to post your progress! Here's an easy template for each week (and you can join in any time of the month/year you'd like!)

Starting Weight: 200lbs
Week 1: 198.5 (-1.5)
Week 2: 197 (-1.5)
Total loss: -3lbs

And so on! If you feel more comfortable weighing in on a different day, feel free; just post it right alongside everyone else's! Tell us about the ups and downs of your week - did you overwhelm yourself, were you a little disappointed with your progress? Now's the time to share the struggle and be supportive!

Lastly, feel free to make your own group posts about anything you want to talk about or help you might need! Have a good recipe to share or need to vent about your binge-eating week? Post it!

See you at the discussion board!

Replies

• KoshVorlon
    KoshVorlon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for this opportunity to gain confidence.

I've lost 18 lbs. since the first week of October 2015. I was actually down 22 lbs. until the Christmas non stop festivities began, but they are nearly all over now. I need to drop about 90 more pounds to reach my goal weight of 180 pounds.

My original starting date of Oct 1, 2015
    10/1/15: 292
    12/30/15: 274 (-18)

I am surprised how quickly I added a few pound back on! --- in a matter of days! and I hadn't been that bad! I have set my daily calorie intake to 1450 calories/day. I am thinking of lowering that to 1250... I have recorded everything I eat and become much more aware of calories.

Happy New Year to everyone.
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been on such a plateau, but the last 3 weeks have been a Family Frenzy with a college graduation party and the holidays of two separate holiday celebrations. Waiting now for some as we will go to dinner out before the New Year. Family favorite Italian place I have decided to have Shrimp oreganatta with a salad. Wiill stay clear of the pasta. I haven't gained so I can not complain.
  • istarith
    Options
    @KoshVorlon You've accomplished so much already! An 18-pound loss in 3 months is a freaking good deal; even if you did add on pounds for Christmas (and believe me, you're in good company; I think we all did!), that's not permanent weight we're talking about! 90 pounds? That's a lot, but that is incredibly doable! :)

@behnybaby Same goes for you! :D Don't stress so much about the holiday plateau; it is the holidays, is it not? Just log it in and move on, you got it!
  • KoshVorlon
    Options
    Thank you @istarith for the kind words and support. Deeply appreciated. Yes, my goal is to reach 180 and have it stick. This morning I weighed in at 270.4 so I am again moving in the right direction. I did readjust my calorie daily goal to 1350 this evening. Now that the holidays are behind me, it should be attainable...I just have to be disciplined. Again, thank you for your support.
  • KoshVorlon
    Options
    Whoops. My initial entry was incorrect, ( I went from memory instead of my notes) here are the facts:

My original starting date of Oct 1, 2015
    10/1/15: 290
    12/30/15: 272 (-18)
    1/1/16: 270.4 (-19.6)
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Going home tomorrow, for 6 weeks, I will be able to concentrate on just me. So fewer distractions and the family will fend for themselves. Some well deserved me time, I have devised a schedule for my days, and no non Paleo meals will be eaten or made.
  • a1bowins
    a1bowins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have come back to MFP after a long vacation ( we will call it that anyway). Thanks for starting this group. It is right up my alley. One thing I have noticed in the last couple of weeks I have been working out, and made no real changes to my eating. Making changes over time. Anyway I have gained 5 pounds. But with terrible eating and no exercise I was maintaining at 211 for the last year or more. Has anyone gained when they started exercising?
  • istarith
    Options
    @a1bowins It's totally possible. People running marathons actually will gain weight if they don't eat correctly while training (sometimes up to and over 20 pounds!); if you're fueling your body with junk, your body will use what it can use and store the rest. Nutrition is sort of weird like that. That, and sometimes your body will just hang on to weight while it's recuperating and healing from exercise - THAT I can tell you from experience is TOTALLY common!
  • a1bowins
    a1bowins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for letting me know