Options
andylllI
andylllI Posts: 379 Member
Well I have gained 3-5 pounds from my weight in January 2015....but:

My biceps have grown 1 inch
My thighs have grown 2 inches and I can see my vast us lateralus now
My navel circumference has dropped 1 inch
My waist has remained the same
My hip measurement increased an inch (helloooooo perky glutes I love you and the deadlifts and hip thrusts that made you)

I stopped meticulous tracking.
I established some dietary habits I can be proud of, including eating 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day and increased protein intake and packing my food for work every day.

I started the year with random weight training, completed 12 weeks of strong curves and then 4 months of starting strength. Now I'm in week 3 or so of PHUL.

My squat only went up 20 lbs which isn't great for a beginner lifter but my deadlift went up 60 lbs, by bench increased by 20 and OHP increased by 10. I added 4 reps to my pull-up max from 2 to 6.

I may be heavier but I have done so much to make those extra pounds worth it. And it's not bad for a mother of two kids under 5 and a job with 50-60 hours a week including evenings nights and weekends.

I think I rock. And you guys all rock too and I'd like to hear about what you accomplished this year.

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great progress-congrats! Happy New Year!
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your progress was great! I enjoyed seeing it come across my newsfeed. Have a happy new year!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Both of you should be very proud on how 2015 has gone. Rock on ladies!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For me it's been a whole new learning curve. I started lifting 28 Jan and struggled to bench 5kg dumbbells for 5 reps. My DL was abysmal and I could barely lift bar. I could only manage bodyweight squats. I spent the first 6 weeks leaving my pt sessions feeling like a failure.
    Almost a year on I can DL 75kg even if it's only 2reps which is 7 kg over bodyweight, front squat 50 kg even if it's not atg and I'm never going to be able to get that low but parallel is good, and bench 37.5kg.
    I've learnt how to fail at lifts and how to use the rack. Best of all I can hold my own in the main gym with guys.
    I'm starting to see muscle and have dropped down to 24% bf. Not to bad for an old girl. Looking forward to 2016.