Pre-start day 3: 1/3/16

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Good morning!

I hit my goals yesterday. Actually got way more steps than planned. And I bought a pair of size 6 pants (apparently I'm twins with danelutza)!

Today is going to be mostly cleaning and organizing. I'm going to do some yoga and light strength training.

Goals for today:
1. Stay within calories
2. 8k steps
3. Strength & yoga

Replies

• lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are:
    1. Continue to track my food. Sticking to my macros.
    2. Going to the gym...strength training and eliptical (for steps).
    3. Get organized for week (meals for lunch, lesson plans done and organized)
    4. Go to bed on time.

Have a great day!
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone....LighteningLynn here.

I am a late joining newbie to this group....thanks for letting me in! :smile:

My Goals for the 100 day Challenge:
    *Get below 200 pounds for my son's graduation party this year
    *Log food daily and stay in calorie goal
    *30 minutes of exercise 5 - 7 days each week
    *Stick with this challenge
    *The hardest......limit my wine intake

I enjoy having a couple (sometimes more) of 6 oz. glasses after working all day...this has been my biggest challenge for years. I quit smoking 18 years ago and picked up this bad habit. Looking back, that was when my weight gain started but I am still glad I quit smoking.

My goals for today:
    1. Log food
    2. Stay in calorie goal of 1200
    3. 5,000 steps

I didn't do so well yesterday. Now that I am in this challenge, I will have a good reason to keep better tabs on myself.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    @SingRunTing way to go twin !!! Did you experience the "no way I can fit in those pants" when you first looked at them before trying them on?!
    Yesterday was a great day with all goal achieved.
    Today is active rest day and my first day back to cutting calories. Plans for today include watching my food intake, drinking water, push-ups and chin-ups, taking a small walk and resting. I think I need yoga to relax my body but I need to make sure I can fit it in.
    Let's have a fabulous Sunday!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    @SingRunTing way to go twin !!! Did you experience the "no way I can fit in those pants" when you first looked at them before trying them on?!
    Yesterday was a great day with all goal achieved.
    Today is active rest day and my first day back to cutting calories. Plans for today include watching my food intake, drinking water, push-ups and chin-ups, taking a small walk and resting. I think I need yoga to relax my body but I need to make sure I can fit it in.
    Let's have a fabulous Sunday!!!

I absolutely did. I only tried them on out of desperation of needing something for an event this week. I was shocked that they fit me well.

In other news, the link to the spreadsheet is posted in the announcement threads. Please take a moment to read through both announcements before entering your information.
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did well with my goals yesterday, even with a party. Today, my goals are to hike for an hour and do yoga, log my food (and be within the calorie intake), shop and prep for meals for the week. I'd better get going! I am going to wait for a few days to weigh-in and log on the spreadsheet if that's OK. (I'm a little afraid of the number...) I am feeling inspired by all of you. Thank you, nice to have a community.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well a great big shout out for both of you @danelutza19 and @SingRunTing WOO HOO !!! :D
    well crazy strikes again so I am going to be working another double shift I just came home to eat put over some laundry and strategize the week. You know how I said can't wait til the new person is trained OMG she's not all there either. You would think if you have people working with money they would have to be some what stable. LOL My boss said all she wanted to do was to kill herself with the scissors when she worked with her. I just come out and tell people I don't want to know any personal info it's so much easier to work with them without pictures running through your head. I guess what my boss learned was way too graphic. LOL

Any way very proud of myself I got up and exercised before going to work.
    Sticking with eating healthy and thus coming home to eat and not getting side tracked with take out.
    I only got 6 hours of sleep but I will try and make up for it some time this week.

Have a great day!!! :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,962 Member
    Options
    Goals
    1. 5 mile run
    2. Stay under calorie goal
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Protein drink

I was able to make my goals yesterday with portion control and pre planning my menu.
  • Calimackey
    Calimackey Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Achieved all my goals yesterday. They included doing a lot of squats so my legs are a bit tight today. I suppose that means I'm doing some good. Goals for today are:
    1. 10,000 steps minimum
    2. No alcohol
    3. 3 sets each of 10 push-ups and 10 triceps dips (do the 3 sets 3 times spread throughout the day)
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I met all of my goals for yesterday except for the exercise. Today's goals are:
    1. log all food and stay in my calories
    2. at least 30 minutes of intentional exercise
    3. clean fridge
    4. prep veggies for easy use through the week
    5. make sure I have my things ready to run out the door to the gym very early tomorrow morning

I also want to add to my 100 day goal. I need to raise that endurance level!
  • goliv
    goliv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I, too, am new to this group and just returned from vacation so have been spending quality time reading through your first few days of postings.

My goals for the 100 days:
    1. Lose 14 pounds in the 14 weeks so I can fit into something I already own for my niece's wedding at the end of April.
    2. Menu plan and shop ahead for each week so that I don't just reach for whatever is handy at mealtime.
    3. Exercise for at least an hour for at least 5 days a week and make sure that 3 of those days include strength training.
    4. Log my food and exercise daily on MFP.
    5. And, like LighteningLynn, must reduce the wine consumption.

Didn't really have time to make goals for today, but if I did they would have been:
    1. Unpack from trip and start laundry. Done!
    2. Make a meal plan and do the grocery shopping for the week. Done!
    3. Go to the basement and get on the treadmill for an hour. I'll start on that as soon as I finish posting here.
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a little late to set my goals for today, but I *did* hit 8400 steps so far and ran 3.3 miles, along with being on track for calories. My challenge overall is that I have gone from being a couch potato a few years ago, gaining weight slowly but surely throughout my 20s, then I got into running and figured out how to lose weight, gained with my pregnancy (a pretty healthy amount), lost that in the 8-9 months post partum, and now I'm kinda stuck. I gained back almost 10 pounds which isn't a lot, but it's annoying. My real goals are to put on muscle and lose a little fat. I might not even lose more than a couple pounds if I really put on muscle, but that's what's difficult for me. I can eat at a deficit and work out and lose weight, but I never look stronger. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be RIPPED! haha

So my goals in going back to work post holiday for tomorrow are:
    1) not eating any of the cookies or candy that is leftover from the holidays
    2) using my standing desk for at least 3 hours
    3) brining a healthy lunch and staying on target with my meals as planned
    4) working out at lunch
    5) hitting my protein goal (100+ grams)

Good luck, everyone!
  • dhygirl
    dhygirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My goals for this year are both fitness related and non-fitness. I want to learn to drive a motorcycle. That seems pretty big to me! I'd also like to learn yo crochet. My mother has made blankets and I want to be able to do that as well. Fitness wise I would like for exercise to be of a habit for me. Something I just do regularly without having to force myself.

Short term, I'm planning to go on a cruise in April and would like to feel better than ever in my bathing suit. Not shooting for bikini-just confidence in whatever I wear :smile:
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My goal for tomorrow

Only one
    TO TRACK AND STAY WITHIN MY LIMIT
  • jplosingit
    jplosingit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Met my goals today of
    -getting in at least 48 oz of water/herbal tea (got in 72 oz)
    -logged food (made this new recipe for shrimp rolls in seaweed wrap--sounded odd but was very tasty!)
    -still working on the 10,000 steps. Right calf is a little tender from pushing it on the elliptical. Will get 10K steps before bed.
    Friend gave me belated gift of homemade treats. Had one--delicious--then shared rest. Proud of myself.