artificial sweeteners

Options
tugsandpulls
tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
Threw away all my artificial sweeteners did a lot of research on this and I better that they do more harm than good

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There are artificial sweeteners in MANY foods. If you're really going to avoid them you have to read labels too. In moderation they are safe. BILLIONS of people use them EVERYDAY 28th no harmful effects.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have cut back on my use of them, but I still use a little Splenda in my coffee. I cannot tolerate stevia and also found erythritol to be unpalatable.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There are a rare group of people who develop a chronic state of inflammation (leading to water retention which leads to weight gain) from the use of splenda. I know, because I'm one of them. I saw it post sleeve (didn't recognize it then), and have seen it post RNY. It was specifically from the addition of DaVinci sugar free syrup to coffee. Most people will never have any problems with artificial sweeteners. Some people will see blood sugar spikes, and food cravings (like they've eaten sugar) from them too.

If you see gains after adding this substance to your diet, I recommend elimination to see if things improve (though it takes a while to get over the effects, sometimes).

My answer has been to stop using all artificial sweeteners.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    after my sleeve, I gave up artificial sweetners. I use real sugar, just less.
    I still managed to lose 130 pounds, and have been at goal, and maintaining for 9 months.
    I have never had any issues with my sugars, diabetes, or anything like that.
    For me personally, I just did not like the taste of it. I prefer the real stuff, but I don't like anything super sweet. In my coffee, I get 1-2 pumps of syrup instead of 4-6.