Your 2016 Goals

Options
PamOliva
PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
What do you want to accomplish this year? I am practicing yoga this year and working on maintaining my recent weight loss of
35 lbs.

I also want to work on keeping a regular exercise schedule -- at least 3 days a week, ie, Weight Day, Cardio/Intervals Day and a 60 Min Yoga Class. That is my minimum goal. I try to do a little yoga at home several times a week too. I love this site: https://yoga.com/poses

Replies

• provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be consistent for the long haul and stop the yo yo plan. I want to feel proud of my choices everyday.
  • AshFitness98
    AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want to learn how to treat myself and my body the way it deserves to be treated. It has worked hard to keep me alive and I want to work hard to help it work better.
    I know I'm dehydrated so I'm working on drinking more water and leading up to the amount I need to drink. I also want to continue to exercise and not give up. I'm also wanting to eat healthier and not over eat as well.
    I hope that through all of this I will lose a lot of weight but I decided not to put a number as a goal so I won't be discouraged if I don't lose that amount.
  • provon
    Options
    Those sound like great goals
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goals are to eat better. Change my lifestyle. Not just lose weight or "diet" that's not what I want. I want to cook meals for my boys. I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. They're going to eat the food I give them. Just because I'm working and in school doesn't mean I have to feed my kids fast food. I don't want to be that mom. I want them to love fresh fruits and vegetables. I want them to see mommy not only achieving her dreams, but I want them to see know that nutrition is such a big part of life. We have to treat our bodies better. My goal is not about me is about me and my kids as a whole. I need to do better
  • provon
    Options
    I know what you mean. I really want to make my kids proud and set a good example so they are not having to worry about their weight in the future.
  • bkhadijah
    bkhadijah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goals are to stop eating out as much, drink more water and lose some weight!
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My goals for this year are to lose another 30lbs putting me into the overweight category for BMI instead of the obese category. I also have a goal to consistently exercise daily which I have already taken steps to achieve by buying a bike/elliptical machine so I no longer can use the excuse that the weather is bad. Good luck to everyone on achieving your goals!
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more pounds to lose and I want to run again. Started C25K a few weeks ago and so far Im keeping up, but its getting alot harder. My goal is to be able to run for at least a half an hour with out puking or wishing I was dead.
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Exercise, exercise, exercise! I know what I have to do diet wise and I can keep that up most of the time. I am really wanting to tone up and strengthen.

Logging here keeps me accountable for my food choices
  • NurseSassy76
    NurseSassy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goal would be to lose at least 75lbs this year, and start running again which I used to do so many years ago and I miss it!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Maintain and start a little exercise and yoga again
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to hike again. I want to strengthen my endurance that has gotten so bad over the last few years. If I can start to move again it will help with my weight loss.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My main goals are to stay ----healthy---- while preparing for Step 1 and starting my rotations as an MS3 starting in June :smile: . I also would really like to lose about 15-20 more pounds and maintain between 120-130. I got down to 132 when I got married this past July, but have put on about 10 pounds since then and would like to get it off.
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 90#.

It might sound a little nicer to myself to break it into "get back to running, eat better, drink more water, get more sleep, blah blah" but really, the 90# is my goal. I want to be a healthy weight, the healthy lifestyle will come with.

• RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 90#.

It might sound a little nicer to myself to break it into "get back to running, eat better, drink more water, get more sleep, blah blah" but really, the 90# is my goal. I want to be a healthy weight, the healthy lifestyle will come with.

You're so right. For me, it sums up to getting rid of every pound that kicks me out of the normal bmi group. I also have two health-related goals: to find a solution to my problem with two chronic conditions. I've seen many doctors so far and nobody has helped , and it seems to me that I probably need to invest more money (that I don't have). However I will find the solution this year.
    My last resolution is not to buy any clothes for the sole reason that they fit. I need start dressing nicely :)
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

[/quote]

You're so right. For me, it sums up to getting rid of every pound that kicks me out of the normal bmi group. I also have two health-related goals: to find a solution to my problem with two chronic conditions. I've seen many doctors so far and nobody has helped , and it seems to me that I probably need to invest more money (that I don't have). However I will find the solution this year.
    My last resolution is not to buy any clothes for the sole reason that they fit. I need start dressing nicely :)[/quote]

You are right for wanting to dress nice. When you dress nice, feel better about your self, when you feel better about your self, you take better care of your self.