cross training on lunch break?

valentine4
valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
Hi all, just wondering if anyone uses their lunch break to train?

I only get a half hr but we have a really nice gym in work, they recently added trx bars ( I haven't a notion how to use them)

I run roughly 4/5 times a week and need to cross train, has anyone any suggestions for a quick work out I can do at lunch time and what about the practicalities do you have time to shower etc and get back to your desk in that timeframe?

Replies

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    It's hard to imagine what you could usefully do in half an hour if you had to also get changed beforehand, shower and change after, eat lunch (?) and get to and from your desk. Is there any chance of getting to work an hour early on cross-training days or going just after work, if you want to take advantage of the nice gym?

I don't cross-train at work, but I do have running kit in my office and will sometimes go for a quick half-hour run after work on the beach before I go home. That way I still get home at what feels like a reasonable time, but don't have to rush.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    We have a gym at work, but I do all of my cross training right after/before my running after work. Adding in another change/shower just eats too much time for it to be practical for me.