Connecting the vivofit to MFP

Options
amipersin
amipersin Posts: 8 Member
I have been trying all day to connect my vivofit to mfp but I am lost and at the point I want to give up, Please help

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @amipersin Try connecting with your desktop or laptop Garmin Connect interface rather than the phone app. On the Garmin Connect webpage select 'FOOD' from the pulldown menu. You should be able to link to MyFitnessPal from there. Good luck. Ernie

Here's the instructions for using the mobile app if you rather give it one more try:

The Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) application for Android and iOS can be linked to a MyFitnessPal account in order to sync calorie data. To enable syncing with a MyFitnessPal account, the GCM application must first be linked to the mobile version of MyFitnessPal installed on a compatible iOS or Android smartphone.

To sync data with MyFitnessPal, first ensure that the MyFitnessPal application is installed on your smartphone, then follow the steps below:

Open Garmin Connect Mobile.
    Open the app menu:
    Android - Touch the menu icon (3 horizontal lines in upper left corner)
    iOS – Touch the ‘More’ icon (bottom right)
    Touch 'Settings"
    Touch '3rd Party Apps'
    Touch 'MyFitnessPal'
    Swipe right to left through the introductory screens.
    Touch 'Get Started'.
    Touch 'Link Accounts'.

The two accounts should now be linked.
  • ebayjunkie
    ebayjunkie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, should it sync both ways. I can only sync to MFP - no calories used are coming back to the Garmin making look like I'm not using any.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @ebayjunkie I know this doesn't make sense but have you tried syncing Garmin FROM MFP? Since they changed the mobile interface, calories in/out looks really strange. Sometimes my maximum calorie intake is listed and other times it isn't. At least #steps and workouts are turning up in MFP.
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am having a smiliar problem - I don't care as much about my food log making it to Garmin Connect but I can't get my step count in Garmin Connect to show as exercise calories in MFP.