Sugarfree (toothfriendly) ice cream recipes

Options
Tatarataa
Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
Hey,

I am looking for sugarfree (toothfriendly) ice cream recipes that are also low in calories (so no very high fat low carb stuff). Would appreciate any ideas/advice very much!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Couple of thoughts.

1. This is a group specifically for people who wanted to escape the "cut sugar and fat" mentality of the forums. We're not super tolerant of low calorie alternatives, although I'm not as strict about banning such things as our former fearless leader was. I'm not deleting this post, but I don't know that you'll get many responses. You might have better luck in one of the low sugar or low carb forums.

2. I have found that you can cut the sugar or the fat in something and still have it be edible, but not both. If you want sugar free my inclination is that you're going to have to go with fat instead or it's going to be pretty disgusting.

3. You seem to be implying that this is a thing you're doing to appease your dentist. Did he/she tell you to cut out sugar? Mine has always said that cutting sugar isn't necessary and that the most anyone might need to do is eat it less often throughout the day. Like instead of having something sweet at 3 and then at 7, having both at the same time around 5 would be better for your teeth. That might be something worth asking your dentist about.