Tracking those miles

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
I have set up a spread sheet for the year.
All you have to do is add your name in the same field for each month - your goal for that month and then each month add your daily totals & the spread sheet will (should) do the rest.... any problems let me know :)

Here's the link to the spread sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-Zll3pb7YffbNNmaBjJE4325_EwwpuYqy75gHTF4oE/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• Blind_Pilot
    Blind_Pilot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    just added mine!!
  • HatherM
    Options
    just added mine!!

Woo hoo, let's smash this... in for the long haul :)
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I added mine, gosh I'm off to a pathetic start! So..... 4 miles a day is what I'm in for this January, guess it's time I start listening to that alarm in the AM and minimize my coach potato time in the PM!
  • BrendaBurgeson
    BrendaBurgeson Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I am unable too add my information. it says format error when I try to use the form
  • jennifertppl
    jennifertppl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just added mine :)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just joined the group and added my mileage. Let's do this!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,138 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I finally figured out how to post my miles!
  • HatherM
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I finally figured out how to post my miles!

Great :) So happy to see you all joining in, we can be great support for each other :)
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've been adding mine, but the first week I had to guesstimate because I was between fitbits. I'm glad to have found this group so that I can have a way to easily see when I need to pick it up and keep active. I figured out how much I will have to walk for each month and just added a tiny bit so that I could have a little bit extra in case I somehow don't make the goal for the month. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Is it ok to change the goal for the month? I live in N Minnesota and really too cold to walk. I plan on 100-150 April through September. My main exercise is weight lifting and Kettlebell swings.

Mary
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I think you can set the goal however you want each month. I live in San Diego, so it's pretty much good walking weather year round, which is why I have the same mileage goal set for every month. Obviously not everyone has the same opportunity as me. I say do whatever fits for where you live, and what can fit into your schedule.
  • HatherM
    Options
    Is it ok to change the goal for the month? I live in N Minnesota and really too cold to walk. I plan on 100-150 April through September. My main exercise is weight lifting and Kettlebell swings.

Mary

It's your goal & what works for you, so go ahead :)

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if I missed something on trying to achieve the same amount or not. I just noticed everyone had 85 as their goal. I think I switch mine to 35 for this month.
  • HatherM
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if I missed something on trying to achieve the same amount or not. I just noticed everyone had 85 as their goal. I think I switch mine to 35 for this month.

To hit the magic 1,000 mile mark in a year it averages out around 85 miles a month... but it's your challenge to do however suits you best :)
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if I missed something on trying to achieve the same amount or not. I just noticed everyone had 85 as their goal. I think I switch mine to 35 for this month.[/quote

Great idea! I did the same! Much less pressure!
    I'm in Nebraska and it's snowing one day and windchills of -5 the next, so not the most conducive environment either.
    I walk a lot more come Spring and Summer because it's way nicer out AND it's actually still light out when I get off of work at 5 pm!
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't know if I missed something on trying to achieve the same amount or not. I just noticed everyone had 85 as their goal. I think I switch mine to 35 for this month.[/quote

Great idea! I did the same! Much less pressure!
    I'm in Nebraska and it's snowing one day and windchills of -5 the next, so not the most conducive environment either.
    I walk a lot more come Spring and Summer because it's way nicer out AND it's actually still light out when I get off of work at 5 pm!

Yeah, during the summer months I can get 150 miles in easily at 5 miles per day. It's supposed to be 20 below or colder this weekend right now we have a snowstorm.
  • 1stgardengirl
    1stgardengirl Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm lucky not to be in a snowy, cold area in the winter, but when it gets hot and humid here in the spring, it is tough to walk. I get my best walking done in the summer and fall in NH. My goal is set at 100 for January, but will adjust it according to the weather and walking conditions each month. Walking there is great! I'm trying to set my personal goal higher than 1,000 for 2016, but we'll see how that goes!
  • wtryba
    wtryba Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal 1 miles a day
  • wtryba
    Options
    wtryba wrote: »
    My goal 1 miles a day

10 miles a day not 1
  • wtryba