Motivation

NyteMirage
NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
I’ve noticed a few people on my friends list need some motivation. I was wondering if anyone else did? They see progress, but it’s so slow. I just want to help motivate those that need it. Some people quit because of slow progress, often forgetting that slow progress is STILL progress. Remember that you are worth it. Don’t quit! Because a year from now you’ll wish you had kept going. It hasn’t even been a year for me since I picked this journey back up. I started on 11/1/12 and finally committed to losing weight and making myself happy. It’s been a slow and steady thing, which is the healthy way to lose weight. Studies show that if you lose it too quickly, oftentimes you’ll just gain it back later on. Remember this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, not a fad… Since 11/1/12 I have lost 45.6 pounds. I’ve hit a couple speed bumps, but I kept going! If I had quit, then I would still be unhappy with myself. I’d still be getting tired and out of breath doing activities with my children. I’d still be getting heartburn and looking at myself in the mirror with tears in my eyes. You have to realize that through it all YOU. ARE. WORTH. IT!

And I leave you with the quotes that I have collected in hopes that it will inspire and motivate you to continue!

"It's not about how good you are, it's about how bad you want it"

"When you feel like quitting: Think about why you started"

"Because today is another chance to get it right"

"Be okay with where you are, even if you know you want to change."

"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."

"A year from now you will wish you had started today."

"Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try."

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." -Frank Banks

Replies