Status Update: Week 1

Options
It's been a week, and since last Friday was Day 1, I thought I would see how everyone was doing.

The challenge the first week was "Detox: No Alcohol, No Sugar." I did great on the "No Alcohol" part; but not so great on the "No Sugar" part. I did stop topping my breakfast grapefruit with brown sugar; and started drinking a mint green tea (and forgoing any added sugar there); but the call of Lindt chocolate in the house was too strong! It's gone now though, and I have no plans to re-stock, so I'll be doing better in the next few weeks.

Beginning Weight: 178 lbs
Beginning BMI: 29.6

Today's Weight: 175 lbs
Today's BMI: 29.10

A loss of 3 lbs! That was unexpected! I don't think I'll be losing at the same rate over the month or so, so I'm going to keep my goal weight the same at 172-173 lbs (loss of 5-6 lbs.)

So, how did everyone do after Week 1?

Replies

• MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Same here, but without the weight loss. My own fault, though! Why do coworker's feel the need to bring their leftover goodies to work? (Okay - I brought some, too!) Plan for this week - stay out of the staff lunchroom!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jan 2 SW: 161 (Challenge starting weight)
    Jan 9 CW: 157.6 (Current weight)
    Feb 14 GW: 149 (12 pounds to lose for challenge)
    3.4 pounds lost; 8.6 pounds to go for challenge

Detox: No alcohol; no sugar - I really didn't attempt the challenge. But I have limited my alcohol to the occasional, single glass with dinner. Also, I don't really eat much in the way of processed foods, but I do enjoy raw honey in my morning coffee. As for the weight loss, I'm pleasantly surprised. It would seem that because of some processed foods over the holiday, I must have had a little water weight in my January 2nd starting number. I was thrilled with this morning's weigh-in.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    A loss of 3 lbs! That was unexpected! I don't think I'll be losing at the same rate over the month or so, so I'm going to keep my goal weight the same at 172-173 lbs (loss of 5-6 lbs.)
    What a great start to the new year. That first hit of water weight loss is always fun! It's a great idea to keep your goal the same and enjoy either meeting or exceeding it. That will feel good too! Happy New Year!
  • SusanneSG1978
    SusanneSG1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Four pounds down! A great start! Sticking with the plan...
  • lfroehlich
    lfroehlich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 222

3 down, 7 to go by 2/14, and 62 from my goal weight. No alcohol, but I completely failed the sugar challenge. I am planning to walk more this week, my fitbit told me I am sedentary...
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @SusanneSG1978 and @lfroehlich - Great job on the losses. Nice way to start 2016!
  • lfroehlich
    lfroehlich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks JMarcella, you too! Hopefully we can keep it up for week 2 :)
  • CryCry1985
    CryCry1985 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Totally blew it on this challenge but still down 2 lbs!