Chat and Accoutnability 10-16 Jan

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Happy Sunday Folks gonna be a jammin kind a day here. Work hard, have fun but above all...B Koo-EL!

Posted this yesterday but with slow traffic thought I'd go ahead and move it here.

Heron Tough going on the back and knees. I feel your pain. My success on the weight front is I think a combination of a modified Altshift/carb back-loading type diet. I randomize the 3 and 5 shifts. Not sure the science would support that but I spent a long time reviewing my logs from my earlier success, and I had a tendency to do that mostly based on what my body was sort of telling me it needed. Back then I didn't have a grasp of cleaner carbs so used some less than optimum foods but never the less it worked for the first 70 lbs used from when I weighed 357. Didn't really plateau until I started using more 'formal' plans. That being said I did some stuff that probably contributed to my kidney issues as well. Learned my lesson about wearing sauna suits to bed.
A couple other things that I think have helped, I take Ashwiganda root and I do think my meditation and 'Happy Project' are helping as well, not sure of the mechanism but I know I feel better mentally than I have since Zena and Johnny died. It's been a long climb out of fairly dark place. Feel like I'm back standing on the grass again. Doing my paintings seem to help as well but its too early in my process to know that for sure.
I have also been using my Fitbit, to evaluate my daily HR, and have found that my average HR before Nov 17th was around 64-66 BPM with sleeping lows in the lower 50's and exervise highs approaching 140 but mostly in the 120's in mid November I decided to stand more when I could and have increased my avg HR to around 70-72 BPM, sleep still in the low 50's and I try to make sure when I exercise to keep it under 130. Been on 3 weeks of rest (more or less) and fixing to bump it up in the weeks ahead. Should be interesting.

TTFN

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks Greeted the sun this morning on my patio in skivies and a T shirt Temp 26 F 12 mins - invigorating.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great info John! and yikes that's cold!

Arturo has been losing weight, not me and we eat the same... While I am happy for him, I wish things will progress for me. Still not doing heavy weight.
    We have been convalescing an ex foster, he is the puppy with the deformed paw that we foster last year, well his growth plate has matured and he just had surgery, it was more complicated than anticipated, and he had to have bone grafts, pins and plates. I think its so much harder for a puppy to go through crate rest because well its a puppy! But as with any dog he will come to accept his new fate. In the meantime I have to look at his sad blue and brown puppy dog eyes.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks. 15 min on the patio this morning a little warmer 28F. Got my Physical scheduled for Golden age games, Full Blood work panel as done in Sep 14, so will get a chance to see any trends in hormones. Also have my Kidney Cancer Follow up inFeb, and requested a Dexxa Scan along with my MRI so looks like By the end of Feb I'll have some good info on me.

Heron - Keep steady on movement and it will come together Remember Motion is the lotion. Doesn't have to fast or hard just moving is the key. Give the pup a pat on the head from the Hammer Jammer.

TTFN B)
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Will do John.

Leaving for Vegas this Saturday! Who hoo!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Wooo Hooot! Have a Blast! B)
    Happy Thursday Folks!
  • AngelaLastname
    AngelaLastname Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I 've been lurking but not posting mostly out of laziness. I started a movement challenge a few days ago and its fun! Nothing too crazy just easing back into movement.

I also started a new habit that I'm really proud of (cause I'm actually doing it and it's been 3-4 wks now). Ten squats every time I use the bathroom! Only takes 30 secs and I get in 40- 100 per day!

Have a great time in Vegas Heron! Sorry about the slow progress... it can really get you down sometimes but hopefully you can stay positive!

Hmr that is way too cold for me! Reading about the thermogetics... nope... I hate and can't stand being cold too much. I have been tracking my basal body temperature (long story but it's my birth control method) but it's really low. Almost always under 36... and since healthcare is a bit different here I just had my TSH and T4 (no other thyroid indicators) and both were very normal... but this may be why I hate being cold!!

Have a great wknd!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks.
    Angela Love the squats its the sort of thing I would do lots of small reps as part of the day. Will add that one for sure. While the cold may provide physiological benefits it's the Psychological benefits of being outside my comfort zone that are the most pronounced. That being said, how far outside the comfort box we go is a personal one, sounds like a sauna trip may be a better way to go. Have a great Friday.

TTFN B)