Event - 10K Challenge

Options
HatherM
HatherM Posts: 404 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
I have set up a 5K challenge.... Please see the event on this page for details

I have set up this thread for us to post our results once we've completed the challenge :)

Replies

• Blind_Pilot
    Blind_Pilot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well I set out this morning after sending the stepkids to school to walk 3.1 miles, and I ended up walking 5.08 miles!!! It wasn't the most scenic of routes, at least a mile of it was on a footpath alongside the dual carridgeway!! Below is a picture of the beach I took after hitting the 4 mile mark!!nlf7qpp6zs2k.jpg
  • HatherM
    Options
    Well I set out this morning after sending the stepkids to school to walk 3.1 miles, and I ended up walking 5.08 miles!!! It wasn't the most scenic of routes, at least a mile of it was on a footpath alongside the dual carridgeway!! Below is a picture of the beach I took after hitting the 4 mile mark!!nlf7qpp6zs2k.jpg

Wow good for you! What a lovely view too
  • apetrille
    apetrille Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I set out to do my 5k challenge get this morning and ended up walking 4.04miles! Woot woot!
  • HatherM
    Options
    apetrille wrote: »
    Hey all! I set out to do my 5k challenge get this morning and ended up walking 4.04miles! Woot woot!

Brilliant
  • Blind_Pilot
    Options
    apetrille wrote: »

awesome! well done!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great event!! Covered 8 km today. :)
  • HatherM
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »

good work - amazing work everyone :)
  • jennifertppl
    jennifertppl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I completed my 5K challenge this morning. Oh how I wish my scenery was as nice as the beach. I got to watch snow blowing all around while jogging on the treadmill. I am not a fan of winter at all.
  • HatherM
    Options
    I completed my 5K challenge this morning. Oh how I wish my scenery was as nice as the beach. I got to watch snow blowing all around while jogging on the treadmill. I am not a fan of winter at all.

Well done on completing the challenge, aww I'd love some snow, send it my way ;)
  • apetrille
    apetrille Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walked another 3.68miles today!
  • HatherM
    Options
    Woo hoo did it got 5 Miles today
  • jennifertppl
    jennifertppl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HatherM wrote: »

Great Job!
  • Blind_Pilot
    Options

We'll done guys!!!!
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I was planning on going for a long walk today, but wound up being lazy instead after getting home from church.
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Ok scratch my last post. I wound up going to the gym with my dad and I hit the treadmill at the end and including the five minutes of cool down I walked 3.32 miles in just over 62 minutes, which is slightly faster than normal for me. When I got off it felt weird to me because I am so used to walking outside, and will stick to walking outside. It's easier for me to go longer when outside because the scenery is always changing, but when on a treadmill, at least for me, is way too monotonous and boring. I wanted to stop so many times, but stuck with it because I knew that if I did get off I would not get back on.
  • HatherM
    Options
    atrosper wrote: »
    Ok scratch my last post. I wound up going to the gym with my dad and I hit the treadmill at the end and including the five minutes of cool down I walked 3.32 miles in just over 62 minutes, which is slightly faster than normal for me. When I got off it felt weird to me because I am so used to walking outside, and will stick to walking outside. It's easier for me to go longer when outside because the scenery is always changing, but when on a treadmill, at least for me, is way too monotonous and boring. I wanted to stop so many times, but stuck with it because I knew that if I did get off I would not get back on.

Brilliant well done
  • Blind_Pilot
    Options
    atrosper wrote: »

well done!!
  • mustb60
    Options
    10 km done today. Walked for more than 2 hours constantly as was in no mood for run today. Good luck everyone! :)
  • HatherM
    Options
    10 km done today. Walked for more than 2 hours constantly as was in no mood for run today. Good luck everyone! :)

Amazing well done
  • mustb60
    Options

Amazing well done

Thanks! Will try to hit another 10 k this week. ;)