Options
13»

Replies

• WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Some of us are having both. :)

Oh I know, I am too. I just want to make sure people aren't thinking that everyone is talking about their problem and really they are referring to the other one.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hopefully they fix that bug soon as I find it very frustrating to go to bed feeling good, knowing I had 300-500 calories on the plus side and then the first time I sync in the morning it has turned into minus something calories instead.

Well - the problem with that description, is that when everything is working correctly, depending on when you go to bed or last look at goal numbers, and the activity level you have MFP set to - that can happen for very valid math reasons and nothing is broken.

It must be the specifics as given in the posts above.

Multiple calorie adjustments based on Fitbit stats showing at once.

Or as other thread is on - MFP's baseline daily burn that should be static is dynamic.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Edit for wrong thread for this comment.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yea, been having definite issues as well lately. Was fine for the first few weeks, but now I'm getting tons of days where I get bad or duplicate adjustments.

Sometimes I'll have say, 14,000 steps with no exercise logged anywhere and suddenly get a negative adjustment (my preference is just to use sedentary settings everywhere).

Other times I'll get 2-3 "fitbit calorie adjustments" that are all identical repeats of each other. Like the other day I had 28,000 steps and got three rounds of 1,678 adjustment. No way I'm burning 5,100 calories traveling maybe 10-15 miles :)

Not sure why, but if I look on the fitbit dashboard I never have any problems there, just hasn't jived much on MFP recently.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So watching closely - last night I noticed that MFP once again had their setting showing too many calories burned (I am set as sedentary on MPF, desk job, usually only clock 2500 steps with no exercise) so it was giving me low Fitbit calories.

This morning when I logged in, that count has been adjusted correctly but now there are duplicate Fitbit entries. Their formulas for those two things seem to be off and somehow interconnected. Frustrating, I hope it gets fixed soon!

Anyone else notice this? On my Fitbit app everything seems to be clocking correctly.
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've been having this issue lately, too. Lots of days with no adjustment after reaching close to 10k steps and then other days with 3 adjustments (not identical). Kinda throwing off knowing what I'm supposed to be eating.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The thing that I noticed when I looked a little closer at my exercise adjustments is that the number that MFP is saying I should burn, is different than my actual maintenance number that was used to set up my goal and to derive the excercise adjustments. Before the glitch, the number was consistent.

My Fitness Pal Calories Burned - 1882
    Then a FitBit Calories Burned - 2082
    Exercise Adjustment - 200

Simple math, and the top number was the same every day, the FitBit number and the adjustment varied accordingly.

For the last week or so, the top number has been fluctuating all over the place.
    1/26: MFP Cals Burned - 2556 - ended up with three adjustments of 337, 337, and -337
    1/27: MFP Cals Burned - 1882 (this is correct) Adjustment of 131 seems about right.
    1/28: MFP Cals Burned - 2187 - ended up with three adjustments of 35
    1/29 - MFP Cals Burned - 2071 ended up with three adjustments of -17
    1/30 - MFP Cals Burned - 1758 - ended up with a cal adjustment of 404
    1/31 - MFP Cals Burned - 2503 (included hiking excercise) - adjustment of -114
    2/1 - MFP Cals Burned - 2023 - adjustment of 128
    2/2 so far - MFP Cals Burned - 2070

So in the last week, only one day was correct.

But am I correct in saying that the issue seems to be less about the data coming from FitBit, and more about inconsistent starting number that MFP thinks I should be burning each day, causing the fluctuation and inaccuracy in the adjustments?

thanks for your detail! your documentation correlates exactly to the type of issue I've been noticing. I've been deleting add'l duplicate adjustments when I see them at end of day, yet that doesn't solve the issue of 'MFP calories burned' fluctuating without any change in my settings (other than SLIGHT change in weight daily).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    fraserkr wrote: »
    The thing that I noticed when I looked a little closer at my exercise adjustments is that the number that MFP is saying I should burn, is different than my actual maintenance number that was used to set up my goal and to derive the excercise adjustments. Before the glitch, the number was consistent.

My Fitness Pal Calories Burned - 1882
    Then a FitBit Calories Burned - 2082
    Exercise Adjustment - 200

Simple math, and the top number was the same every day, the FitBit number and the adjustment varied accordingly.

For the last week or so, the top number has been fluctuating all over the place.
    1/26: MFP Cals Burned - 2556 - ended up with three adjustments of 337, 337, and -337
    1/27: MFP Cals Burned - 1882 (this is correct) Adjustment of 131 seems about right.
    1/28: MFP Cals Burned - 2187 - ended up with three adjustments of 35
    1/29 - MFP Cals Burned - 2071 ended up with three adjustments of -17
    1/30 - MFP Cals Burned - 1758 - ended up with a cal adjustment of 404
    1/31 - MFP Cals Burned - 2503 (included hiking excercise) - adjustment of -114
    2/1 - MFP Cals Burned - 2023 - adjustment of 128
    2/2 so far - MFP Cals Burned - 2070

So in the last week, only one day was correct.

But am I correct in saying that the issue seems to be less about the data coming from FitBit, and more about inconsistent starting number that MFP thinks I should be burning each day, causing the fluctuation and inaccuracy in the adjustments?

thanks for your detail! your documentation correlates exactly to the type of issue I've been noticing. I've been deleting add'l duplicate adjustments when I see them at end of day, yet that doesn't solve the issue of 'MFP calories burned' fluctuating without any change in my settings (other than SLIGHT change in weight daily).

On another thread we found this workaround to be successful:
    "What has fixed it for me through several syncs was the suggestion above to go to the app (I'm on iPhone), More, Steps and select Fitbit. Previously I had "Don't track steps" selected."