July sign-ups (introduce yourself here)

Options
124»

Replies

• miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi group :)
    I managed to do the June challenge and I´m ready for next month to come, have to lose 11kg more and as I´m only slowly progressing I had to adjust a bit my budgeted calories for this month. My job is not going to be very requiring during the summer, so exercise, here I come!!!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am Janet, from Raleigh NC, 61, a client services manager in a home health company. I am going to try this group because I have had a problem with sticking to the journaling for more than a few days. I have over an hour long commute to work each way and once the week starts things seem to snowball and I go into survival mode. I am hoping that having the accountability will help me to keep on track longer. Ok, going for the first week!!
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kim and live near Philadelphia. I am 47 and have been a SAHM for 10 years. I have a grown daughter, and three kids at home - a son 15', daughter 10, and daughter 6. Two of my kids have special needs (autism and related issues) so I tend to put my needs on the back burner. But we are going to Disney World August 16th, and I want to look okay in the pictures, so I am going to really try to lose 25 pounds by then.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    hie everyone my name is olivia im 27 and i cant wait to start this im a data consultant for vodacom and im also a pilot. I want to get back into the aviation industry and becoz i cant afford to pay for my flying im opting to go in as a flight attendant but my bmi isnt the ryt one they want 22 im like omgosh , over that...so yes im ready

:smile:

Hi, Olivia. Ugh, the BMI. Don't even get me started. How exciting to be a pilot, though! I'm happy you're in the group and wish you luck in achieving your goal this month.
    hey guys! i'm sebastian, i'm an 18 year old guy from queensland, australia. need to lose about 100 more pounds to be at my goal weight.

Hello, sebastian. Welcome to the group. :)
    Hi group :)
    I managed to do the June challenge and I´m ready for next month to come, have to lose 11kg more and as I´m only slowly progressing I had to adjust a bit my budgeted calories for this month. My job is not going to be very requiring during the summer, so exercise, here I come!!!

That's good to hear, miridai. I'm so glad to have you back, and congratulations!! You did great!
    Good morning everyone. I am Janet, from Raleigh NC, 61, a client services manager in a home health company. I am going to try this group because I have had a problem with sticking to the journaling for more than a few days. I have over an hour long commute to work each way and once the week starts things seem to snowball and I go into survival mode. I am hoping that having the accountability will help me to keep on track longer. Ok, going for the first week!!

You can do it, Janet. Hey, maybe you can listen health-related books on CD during your commute, and get some Earned Days Off that way.
    Hi, I am Kim and live near Philadelphia. I am 47 and have been a SAHM for 10 years. I have a grown daughter, and three kids at home - a son 15', daughter 10, and daughter 6. Two of my kids have special needs (autism and related issues) so I tend to put my needs on the back burner. But we are going to Disney World August 16th, and I want to look okay in the pictures, so I am going to really try to lose 25 pounds by then.

Hi, Kim. Yes, you definitely need to look after yourself as wellf as others. I'm glad you've joined the group so we can help you with that. :)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hello all :)

I'm Kelly, currently a SAHM to two children! I'm currently in week 2 training fr my first running race, which I crazily decided would be a half marathon. In hindsight I should of done a few 5k races first but never mind, it'll be a blast I'm sure, lol I'm on a runners high after doing just under 4 miles today, it was an awesome run :)
  • caradae
    Options

I'm Kelly, currently a SAHM to two children! I'm currently in week 2 training fr my first running race, which I crazily decided would be a half marathon. In hindsight I should of done a few 5k races first but never mind, it'll be a blast I'm sure, lol I'm on a runners high after doing just under 4 miles today, it was an awesome run :)

Hi, Kelly. Wow, that sounds tough. You won't have any problem with the exercise portion of this challenge, at least. Good luck to you. :)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Hi, Kelly. Wow, that sounds tough. You won't have any problem with the exercise portion of this challenge, at least. Good luck to you. :)

The 1/2 isn't until the 15th Sept so have over 10 weeks left of training, it's 4x weekly runs I plan on doing the 30 day shred this month, ripped in 30 next and just walking for Sept (need the energy for the actual race)

and sometime in between all this, we have to decorate our new home which we've all ready competlly stripped back (we did this before moving in a month ago) - I'm on doing the bathroom (first room started) so yeah the exercise will be no problem, the food is my challenging aspect but I will try my best!
  • caradae
    Options
    Decorating your new home--oh, that sounds fun. Decorating and renovating are the best kind of exercise.

The food is always the hard part for me too.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My name is amy. I tried the June challenge but it didnt work out for me bc of some health issues...just wanted to take a break from mfp for awhile... I hope I can last at least passed the half way pt in this challenge! the whole way would be awesome ut now I am realistic...this is a commitment!
  • caradae
    Options
    Hi, shuki. I'm happy you're back. :)
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Izzie, 31 years old. I work as a nurse, therefore crazy work hours are part of the deal. I had lost 25 lbs with WW in the past, lost an additional 10 with MFP, gained 28 back over the last year.....

This challenge will force me to be accountable, It is so easy to slip back, and getting on the scale this week made me cry as I had worked so hard for those lbs. I lost them once, I can do it again.

Thanks for putting this group on :)
  • melissahatcher35
    Options
    Hola! Just checking in for July 1st....
    CALORIES: YES
    TRACKED: YES
    EXCERCISE: YES