how do you find time to workout?

Options
Layama
Layama Posts: 17 Member
Hi all. I am trying to find time to workout because I feel so much better when I do, but I am struggling to find a time that I can consistently do it. I work full time and my husband stays home with the kids. When I get home, he wants a break from them and the kids really want to spend time with me (plus I want to spend time with them too, haha). Bedtime is at 8 and I really don't want to be starting a workout then because it messes with my sleep.

Do you all involve the kids somehow? I have been thinking about walks in the evenings but we go so slow with the kids walking that it isn't really what I would consider a workout.

Ideas?

Replies

• acmcchesney
    acmcchesney Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, so our roles are reversed. My husband and I workout together first thing in the morning so that evenings are totally focused on family time.
  • catiepdx
    catiepdx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about working out after 8pm. I would be up for hours if I did that. I work 30 hours a week so I have a little bit of flex time but what has really changed for me is being able to run with my daughter in the baby jogger--I'm not sure if I could hack it with two kids though! The other thing I do is set little fitness goals for myself that I can do while watching TV or first thing in the morning (I'm not someone who can get it together to actually exercise at 5am) like right now I'm just trying to get 50 crunches, 50 squats, and 50 tricep dips in before bed time. Could you get a walk/run in during your lunch break? When I was working 40 hours a week I tried to make sure I was running on both Saturday and Sunday but the weekdays were pretty much awash when it came to serious working out.
  • Layama
    Layama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Working out at work is a good idea. I just stopped pumping at work so my lunch break is free now. Problem is that we only get 30 minutes for lunch (but I get to leave at 4:30) :) . I don't have time to get a sweaty run in because I wouldn't have time to shower, but I could do like a 25 minute walk and then eat at my desk. At least a walk would be something.
  • catiepdx
    catiepdx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kaiser has a great smartphone app called Everybody Walk that tracks your calories, minutes walked, and distance. It's super easy to use and you can adjust the goals so that it works for you.
  • stephaniebruning1
    stephaniebruning1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Early morning online videos like Grokker or Sworkit are my go to's