Help..want advice..Fitbit One or Charge HR?

I have had a One for about 3 yrs & like it, but have been thinking of upgrading to a Charge HR. Do you like them, are they more accurate, do you have problems missing steps while pushing shopping cart or lawn mower, etc. I need to make up my mind now because I accidentally put my One through the wash & it died. :(. I miss it!

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    I started with the One and upgraded to the Charge HR in November. My One missed a lot of steps, though there might have been something wrong with it. I prefer the Charge HR, though I think the calorie burn is inflated for me and the heart rate monitor is not always accurate. The One had a great battery life (2 weeks) compared to the Charge HR (2-3 days), but I like that I can wear the Charge HR everywhere other than the shower. The One I would sometimes forget to put on, and it fell off a few times and I had to search and find it. I also came close to washing it a few times. Sorry you washed yours :(
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Your One may come back. I did the same thing to mine (although I rescued it part way through the cycle) and it resurrected itself 10 days later. By then, though, my Charge HR had already shipped, so I ended up giving my old One to a friend, who is still using it. (I felt lost for those 10 days that it was dead, though. I really, really missed my Fitbit.)

OTOH, I love my Charge HR and I'm glad I have it, even if I ended up getting it a few months earlier than I would have otherwise. I don't know if it is more accurate - my daily calorie burn didn't change much from what I could tell. I like the extra features and I like not needing a chest strap HRM most of the time. It does miss steps pushing a shopping cart, but I'm getting better at pushing it one-handed.
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    The thing I like about my One is I can wear it always. In the sense I can hide it discreetly and it won't impede anything. Think, some business attire or fancy dresses, meh - a wrist tracker might be 'tacky'. Or during my soccer games where you're not allowed any jewellery, I can tuck it onto my bra and no ones the wiser.
    That being said, I like the convenience and more visual reminder that a wrist worn tracker would provide.

(Try the old rice trick for your One. It might help.)
    (Also, don't hesitate to email Fitbit. I lost my old One and they offered me 25% off any new fitbit. Talk about amazing customer service/retention.)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Thanks for all the comments. Tried the rice for about 24 hrs, & it worked for a day. Now nothing! But I may hold off awhile before replacing it (even tho I miss it) in hopes that it will come back. Yeah, Fitbit has great customer service..I had the first kind..don't remember what it was called..& it came apart. After contacting them, they replaced it with the One that I have had.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Just an update..let my Fitbit One sit in a sunny window for a few days & seems to have revived! Battery only seems to last about 3 days instead of 10 days, but that's a minor inconvenience. So if you accidentally wash it, don't give up on it right away. Now I probably can't get the Charge HR that I was thinking of, lol.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I went from a Flex to a Charge HR. My thoughts:

Pros (of Charge HR):
    • HR monitoring is a nice feature.
    • Automatic sleep tracking is convenient (though I understand there's a Flex update that allows that now too?)
    • Calories seem slightly lower than what Flex gave me, compared head-to-head. I think the lower number is a bit more accurate. i.e. Flex was giving me too high a calorie burn for things like walking, which really don't get my heart rate up all that high.
    • The display has more information directly on it.

Cons (of Charge HR):
    • Bigger and clunkier. I can't wear it together with my watch on the same wrist like I could with the Flex. (Then again, since the Charge HR also has a watch on it, I don't really need to. But I'm kinda attached to my watch.)
    • Unable to hide it with a nice outfit -- it was easier to put the Flex in a pocket or in my bra if I was dressing up. With the Charge HR, I have to take it off altogether if I dress up, and lose out on the data altogether.
    • Battery needs to be charged more often -- every 2-3 days instead of every 5-6 for the Flex.