Chronic pain from 11 neck surgeries and degenerative disc disease.

ricknsmca
ricknsmca Posts: 10 Member
I have had 11 major neck surgeries, and aortic valve replacement and 3 knee replacements (2 this year). I have to be on pain meds the rest of my life. Sometimes when I get up in the morning I feel like I was run over by a truck. I still try to see the beauty at 61years old in life every day. I walk my dog but lately my knees hurt so bad it is a short walk. I over indulge in sugar and I gain and lose weight rapidly. I was able to get down to 190 last year before all the surgeries but now up to 234. Help please advise if you have similar issues. Some of my medications are weight gainers as well, I still positively want to loose weight.
Rick n San Marcos CA.

Replies

• star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    hi and welcome. There's a few of us with painful conditions and on meds.
    I wrote a little bit about goals and baby steps you might want to check out. Also the sticky helpful posts at the top of general weight loss section are a mine of information
    You did a fantastic job losing weight before, you can do it again. Remember weight loss starts in the kitchen, as long as you eat at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight
  • Grandmahpsp
    Grandmahpsp Posts: 14 Member
    I can so relate. My knees and hips are bad and I am back up to 205. I did manage to get to the low 190's but slid back. I am 69. Got up this morning determined to start again. We can do this even if it is slowly. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. Joyce
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Hi Joyce, nice to meet you. I've sent you a FR