Hello I'm new

Options
Hello all
Please bare with me. I am a newbie in every since of the word, my husband and I have decided to go vegan and we are very excited about this new journey we are about to go on. A little about me I started my journey to a healthier me on Feb 22 2015 weighing in at 295 lbs I am now down to 232 lbs. I love food and all kinds of foods, I love raw foods, cooked foods, the more colorful the food the better. WE both love fresh whole foods. We have always been meat eaters, I come from a family of hunters and fishermen. Eggs, cheese, fish,chicken and turkey, milk, yogurt are a big part of our diet same for our kids. WE are going to and very badly want to change this! My kids are 15, 10 and 4 yrs old. I started getting them involved in preparing and planning our meals tonight we had vegetarian fajitas with homemade guacamole and they ate it all up, it was fantastic to watch. My 15 yr old on the other had is a very picky eater and a big meat lover and is already given us a hard time and we haven't even really got our feet wet yet. We have not came to this decision lightly, we have been doing a lot of research, reading watching documentaries, talking with people. Becoming more aware of where our food comes from and what affect it has on our health our kids health and our environment not to mention the poor animals. So I say hello to you all and I welcome any advice, feed back, recipes etc. So looking forward to this chapter in my life.

Replies

• jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a long time vegetarian aiming to be vegan (I'm close but still have some slip ups with dairy while eating out).It's wonderful that you have your family to support you! My husband is not exactly unsupportive but is not choosing this lifestyle for himself right now. My sons are picky but I put out my food and my husband's food at dinner so that they can choose. I hope to win everyone over with my yummy creations soon. I love to cook and have made it my New Years resolution to improve my menu planning and start using all of my vegan cookbooks and recipes saved on Pinterest. So if you have any recipes you would like to share please do ! It really is a great lifestyle and makes me feel so much healthier and happier knowing how I am helping the animals and the environment. It sounds like you and your family are off to a good start! Best wishes to you and Congrats on your weight loss :smile: