Overate. Want to throw up

Options
cmrey4
cmrey4 Posts: 1 Member
ugh, looking for some support or distractions. I over ate tonight on junk food. Kind of and unexpected cheat evening. Started out deciding to satisfy a craving and turned into impulsive overeating. Now feel uncomfortable. I do not have a purging habit and never intentionally vomit but the thought is lingering that I will feel better if just do it. Talk me out of it.

Replies

• AngryGangrel
    AngryGangrel Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First of all, you won't feel better if you purge. You'll feel physically worse, do damage to your esophagus and tooth enamel, and end up with guilt because you know that purging is worse for you than a one-night binge.

So you lost control and binged on junk food. It happens! You're not bad or weak, you're not a failure, you don't need to punish yourself. The physical discomfort of bingeing will pass on its own. Tell yourself it's over and done, it's in the past, and tomorrow is a new day. Then follow through. Look at it this way: you tripped, but you're still on your feet and there's a long road ahead. Do you want to move on, or stay where you are and fret over the spot where you tripped?