PCOS pals :)

Options
toodloo
toodloo Posts: 58 Member
Hi guys,

I'm new to this group and would love to add some friends who're also dealing with PCOS. I was diagnosed at 24 and my weight has fluctuated like crazy over the past 5 years. I'd really like to make (and stick to) some lifestyle changes this time around.

A little about me: I'm 29, in grad school, and I have a cute dog. I've lost 11 lbs since January 1st, and I'm basically doing the south beach diet. I started out at 255

Replies

• AwesomizeRoxi
    AwesomizeRoxi Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi pal
    Im dealing with pcos too.. unfortunately, sometimes i get frustrated about weight loss
    People don't make it easier when they put all the blame on our eating habits

we may struggle but we never fall down
    We are strong and we will prove it ;)
    Add me please :)
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PCOS dx at age of 16. It seems like it's been twice as hard for me to lose weight than all of the people I know because of this. Fat likes me too much lol
    I'm 34.....lost 70 back when I was 21 then I fell back to my start weight and now I'm looking to get my old body back. I won't give up! Feel free to add me!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hello! Please feel free to add me. I was diagnosed at 20 (I will be 31 next month) but never really took it seriously until the last few years. I have lost 46 pounds since June and am working on the last 20ish now. I haven't taken any of the medications but I am considering starting to manage my elevated testosterone levels.
  • suz_z_q
    suz_z_q Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a 38 year old female recently diagnosed with pcos. It was discovered when i went in for a missed period while my dh and were trying to conceive.
    I have been working out and somewhar watching my diet for the past 90 days and have lost almost 20lbs. I have a long way to go, but i am starting now to track my foods and hope to ask for a referral to a nutrionist at my appointment in February.
    Any advice or help for a newly diagnosed lady would be great!