Non-Scale Victories! (NSVs)

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Here's a thread for us to share all of those achievements that have nothing to do with the number on the scale.

Feel free to post goals that were met, new clothing sizes, progress pics, or anything else that you want to celebrate!

Replies

• deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel crappy getting dressed this morning. : )
    Also, I moved to heavier weights in most of my 21 Day Fix workout moves.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,957 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to a Body Works class at my gym! It's been about 6 months since I participated in that class! I STILL ONLY had to modify a couple move plus keep up with 90%. The beginning, I was kind of loss since it was kick cardio, lol :(
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My posh work trousers need a belt! My posh work trousers need a belt! My posh work trousers need a belt!
    I may be a little over exited but these were hanging in my word robe for years waiting for me to lose some weight and now they are loose
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    My jeans fit loose even after being freshly washed! I also have a pair of jeans I bought two years ago, that were going to be my "get into jeans", which I never got into. But I can actually put them on now and zip them up. I think I need to lose about 5 more pounds for them to actually look good enough to wear. Another victory is I am riding the exercise bike at level 3 now instead of 1.

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Such great results, everyone!

I am beginning to feel my rib cage. I thought perhaps I had discovered a lump on my side just under my armpit in the shower, and then realized it was on both sides. It was somewhat disconcerting. I guess I have had fat padding there for so long I forgot what the rib cage felt like.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    Promoting this thread to an announcement just so that we don't have to keep bumping it. Please feel free to post here!
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    First time ever benchpressing 137.8lbs x 9! Shortterm goal is 155.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was finally able to string 2 chin-ups together :)
    I was working on this for a while, doing single chin-ups multiple times a day for over 50 days.... I was getting a bit frustrated because I felt like I wasn't making progress. I dropped the 50 daily push-ups I was doing so I have more dedication towards the chin-ups. In my frustration, I reached out to my husband who witnessed my struggle... He said doing a set is harder because you start from a dead hang on the second chin-up. And like that I had a big realization: doing chin-ups while my tippy toes reach the floor = not really a chin-up :(
    So I started doing singles again but this time I made sure no part of the floor was supporting me... And bam: yesterday I did 2 together ... About 4 times :) because it's so much fun now; hard but oh so rewarding
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Congratulations @markmacare !!!! That's a great PR and it puts your One Rep Max around 177lb : Fantastic!!!
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Finished my first marathon!
    nkybewzl4cgt.jpg
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    That is so cool
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Congratulations @nicolejo143 !!!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Awesome @nicolejo143! Congrats! :smiley:
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My "tight pants" are starting to go on really easy and are not so "tight". :)
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    Nice one!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats @nicolejo143!!!
  • dhygirl
    dhygirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've lost an inch off arms :smile:
    I've hated my arms for years so I'm pretty stoked!
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    @nicolejo143 Congrats on the marathon! I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to get there!

@dhygirl Awesome NSV! I love it when I can see the changes instead of just seeing a number on the scale move.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I can do this picture thing without it being super huge. Earlier this week at work I realized my belt was a little loose and I had to tighten it
  • danelutza19
    Options
    @ACSL3 that's a fantastic NSV!!!!