Hi everyone :)

Options
My name is Jessica and I've never joined a MFP group so we'll see how this works out. Enjoying my first pregnancy although I described my first trimester as "horribly wonderful". I lost about 10 lbs (which I shouldn't have had to begin with) but now my appetite is coming back with a vengeance. I have been pretty bad with the diet. Doctor actually said my first trimester diet was that of a 3 year old's- chicken nuggets and velveta shells & cheese were the only things I could stomach and crave. Now I want everything I see haha. Hoping to do better so I can avoid unnecessary gain and more importantly, create a healthy supply for the baby. Worried about my sugar intake since that has been the worst part of my craving (and my sister was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes) so using MFP to hold myself accountable since I apparently can't do it on my own. Good luck to all of you and congratulations!!

Replies

• events904
    events904 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first trimester and struggling with constant hunger and fatigue. I'd love to become friends and help each other along the journey! I'm having problems with sugar too...literally eating way more than i should and now it's causing breakouts. Help!
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 1st trimester as well. I'm 34, pregnant with my first child, 9w3d and have the worst food aversions due to aroma and taste issues right now. It's so annoying. I cant eat anything bready, breaded or oily. I am plus-size and the doctor seems to be ok with the weight I've lost (10 pounds). He says baby will take what he/she needs from my body. Some days I am only able to eat about 400-500 calories because the idea of eating makes me nauseous and I don't want that feeling of food sitting in my tummy feeling like it's making its way up my esophagus.
    Yogurt and almonds have been my friend. I can do baked potatoes and asparagus and if I have a hankering for something I try to eat it because too often I cant eat anything at all.