Watermelon Island

Options
I have had a ridiculously negative year. Bad, bad and more bad!
Staying on topic here: I feel off the health bandwagon. More like I dove head first out of the living foods rainbow and straight into the unforgiving SAD concrete floor.
So: I am going on a Watermelon Island. I don't know exactly for how long, but I am certain that it will be for at least 4 days. I am starting day one on June 30.
I'm counting on the power of watermelon to heal me of my bloating, sore throat, and nausea (and much more) from eating too much processed foods. If anyone else is interested come on and join me for some Watermelon galore. Wish me luck as I stand up again to join you all in raw food deliciousness.

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I loved watermelon island back when I did it! I felt amazing. Just make sure to eat plenty of it so you don't end up back bingeing on sad food again. One of the big things that happens when we don't eat enough of the good stuff. Just remember sometimes people can get stomach aches after eating melons if there's still other food they don't mix well with sitting in the stomach. It will go away when the digestive systems is clean but a cromium supplement will help greatly if it were to continue. Good luck and keep us posted on your adventure!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Intriguing. I read papaya can help with bloating as well....unsure myself though.
  • newfitlily16
    Options
    I need to own up to my mistakes: I planned watermelon island, and I almost succeeded. I was a bit ashamed to admit it, but I need to clear my conscience and keep moving forward. Emotional eating has always been my achilles' heel. And this past week, the week I planned for my watermelon island. Very personal and stressful and emotionally draining things have been going on. So I have been good at eating succulent and juicy watermelon for breakfast and sometimes lunch. But night comes, and my thoughts go on a rampage and I eat stuff that is definitely NOT raw vegan, or vegan for the most part.
    Any tips on stress management, or tips on anything would be most appreciated.

BUT: that doesn't mean you can't do watermelon island yourself. I have done it before when I was in a brighter and easier time in my life, and it was such an amazing experience for me. I won't stop eating watermelon for breakfast and lunch. Because it really helps. It gives me that extra energy I need and makes the day just a bit more manageable.