introduce your self

Options
nysha145
nysha145 Posts: 28 Member
Hi my name is Nysha and I'm 24 years I'm a working mother and I go to school full time. When I first stated this journey I need to lose 76 pounds. Now I need lose 47 pounds so I'm almost there is been a struggle with having to boys under the age of 5 and working an going to school full time but I'm doing it and loving it . When I decide to make a change in my life was when my mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer and she is the first person and our family to every have cancer. I knew it was time for a change, my mom is overweight as well and doesn't eat right and I knew that I wanted to make a change so I could be healthy for my boys. So I started drink more water and taking walks. About a month of doing that I notice that my scrubs was a little tight but I thought nothing of it. And what did it was when I took a picture with my friend who was pregnant and I looked bigger than her. I never really thought I looked that big I always stayed away from the mirror and I only took picture from my neck and up. So my cloths was too tight and I was already at a size 18 and I was just so uncomfortable so I decided to do something and that's when I signed up and here and started doing the 30ds. I hope to lose all 47 pounds but Christmas:)

Replies

• melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    HI I actually have 100 to lose but I thought if I cut it in half it won't seem unreachable.
  • lucky1822
    lucky1822 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all im new to my fitness pal however have been exercising for about a month. I am glad I found this group and hope we can all encourage each other. I will be posting pics of myself shortly.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since January and it's done me well. I feel good about the work I have done and look forward to what's to come. I have 16lbs to lose but would like to lose 20;but I've always kept it at " lose 1lb a week.." I feel like a single number makes things easier.
  • jagott
    jagott Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janise. I'm a 23 year old graduate student getting a MBA. I have about 35 pounds to lose. I've been trying for about a year to lose the weight alone but keep getting off track and gaining back any weight I manage to lose. My main problem is motivation mainly becoming frustrated when the weight doesn't rapidly fall off. I'm hoping that joining this group will help provide me with the motivation and self-control I need to lose the weight and also begin an overall healthy lifestyle.
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im Huter. Im a widowed single dad, 36, with 2 small kids. I want to lose right at 50 pounds. Need help staying on track.
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My name is Erica, I have been on this wondersite site and loved It!!! I have struggled with losing weight for too long. My goal is to sustain a healthy life which would include getting down to 150 to 160 lbs and staying there. I am married to a wonderful husband, Jesus Christ is the center of my Life. Motivation and dedication go hand in hand, and this site helps with both.:happy:
  • tongue2013
    Options
    Hi, im called Anita and im 23 years. I am a mother and a full time student. I am here because i have been struggling to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and i really need a lot of motivation. My aim is losing about 50 pounds, but more will not hurt
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin, I'm 25 years old. I've been married for 3 years and have two children, a 2 year old and a 6 week old. I didn't struggle with weight until after High School. I just shut down and stopped exercising. I decided after I had my little boy that enough was enough. I wanted the energy and drive back I had when I was in shape, so that I can better take care of my children. I have 36 pounds left to lose. I originally got the app a year after I had my first son and it helped me lose 50 lbs but even then that wasn't ideal weight. I've been working out for nearly two weeks now and I feel so much better already!
  • ctevenson51
    ctevenson51 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Crystal. I joined MFP last year, but never moved forward. 20 days ago I decided to transform my life and rejoined MFP as well as began putting time in at the gym. 18 days strong working out at 6 days per week!!!! Starting the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred challenge with others on MFP and can't wait to see the results. I love MFP as it keeps my food diary without me having to look up any calories, carbs, etc. I'm committed to completing this journey and reaching my goal weight of 135 - 140.
  • grimesfamily
    grimesfamily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Nicole! I have lost 185 so far with just diet. I hit a big plato and couldn't lose anymore. About 8 weeks ago I started training really hard in the gym 5 days a week and have lost 15lbs since then! I have about 40 more lbs to go till I am at my goal.. I gotta stay focused! I hae lost 43 lbs since I have joined myfittness pal! My biggest thing I have found to do is figure out my eating! I got this working out thing down, I just gotta get the two together figured out!
  • mzvrobinson
    mzvrobinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Vianne Robinson. I am 30 and a mom of 3. I currently have over 50lbs, to lose. I joined this group for motivation and accountable support. I look forward to interacting with you all.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Magnolia, I'm 34 yrs old and a mom to two wonderful children. I have ~37 lbs to go! I hope to accomplish this by end of October :)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, my name is Christina and i have a 4 year old little man lol. I've lost 11 lbs SO FAR (next weigh is Wednesday). I'm 5'3 and my starting weight was198. I'm now at 187 and want to be at 150 so i need to lose another 37lbs!! I was walking the track almost everyday but now I'm starting insanity today!! I'm going to Florida August 1st and would like to be AT LEAST in the 170s by then!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Butterfleye20
    Butterfleye20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey There everyone I am 20 yrs. old and I am new to MPF and I joined this Group for a challenge, support, motivation, and to have fun while on my way to a New and Improved Life. I will also like some friends to help me on the way as well; Of course I will return the favor. :flowerforyou: