New BMI Goal hit today!

sunnyazgirl
sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
Hi everyone!

I have been away from the Discussion Boards for awhile, but not from MFP. I do hang out with friends on my Home page a lot. I do want to share that I hit a BMI of 29.9 today! That means I am no longer obese! I started this journey a little less than 17 months ago at a BMI of 51.7 (Class III Obesity). I have lost 123 pounds. So now I am plugging along to get to Normal BMI and my goal weight. It is slow going now, but still progressing with CICO and walking.

So, if any of you are feeling a bit discouraged, don't give up! I have hit plenty of long plateaus and stalls. When I do, I reevaluate what I am doing. Sometimes I shake it up a bit to get out of my routine and sometimes it is just a matter of my body adjusting to the new weight before the scale catches up. Don't skimp on your calories. I was doing just that and stalling all the time. My newest shake up has been to eat all of my base calories and up to half of my exercise calories as calculated by MFP. I have my settings at "Lose 1 Pound per week" at this point and my activity at Sedetary. I wear a FitBit and let that alone give me my exercise calories.

Happy losing!

Replies

• kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Great job and congratulations to you on all of our accomplishments!!!!
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    What a great milestone and awesome weight loss! It inspires me to get out of the obese category, too. Keep up the good work!
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    That's fantastic - congrats! Your story is inspiring. I still have a long way to go and it helps to see someone who is successful by plugging away at it.
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Well done!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Fantastic! That is so awesome!
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Awesome work! Good to see sensible, practical advice!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Great to see someone who has stuck it out for so long. Gives me hope that I can stick to it for the long haul.
  • ehallahan99
    ehallahan99 Posts: 9 Member
    Go go go. You just inspired me to keep going.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Thanks to all of you! Two more pounds lost since I posted this. A pound at a time. Sometimes I am on a losing streak, sometimes I am plateauing. But it is my lifestyle now, so I don't stress about it either way. Just keep it simple, something you can live with long term. For me, that is CICO. Everyone has to find their comfort spot.
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    That's amazing !!