Hot Tamales Group Chat Board

Options
Here is a board for the team to chat on whatever they want whenever they want. Share and get to know each other. Encourage each other. Etc.

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    So, I will be the first to post in our chat thread. I really have enjoyed this challenge so far.

However, we could make a greater effort to fulfill the weekly obligations, check-in, weigh-in, and do whatever the weekly challenge is. I will commit to doing so and I hope the rest of you will, as well! I know I'm not the group leader, but I do appreciate those who have participated regularly in our group!

Thanks for your cooperation and participation! Let's step it up, folks!
  • lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    So, I will be the first to post in our chat thread. I really have enjoyed this challenge so far.

However, we could make a greater effort to fulfill the weekly obligations, check-in, weigh-in, and do whatever the weekly challenge is. I will commit to doing so and I hope the rest of you will, as well! I know I'm not the group leader, but I do appreciate those who have participated regularly in our group!

Thanks for your cooperation and participation! Let's step it up, folks!

I definitely agree. Lets make a repeat of week 1 and show these teams what hot tamales are all about! :)

Also is anyone else struggling with weight loss? This is my third week IN A ROW losing ounces. Any suggestions or tips to help?
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad lexiss91, I will most likely be yo-yoing up and down during the challenge. I know that I need to clean up my diet, but I just can't get in the right mindset to do it. So far, I have been doing as best I could with limiting my eating out. I have to keep reminding myself that if I do go out to eat that I have to go somewhere where I have to actually get out of my car and walk in, even if I do get the food to go and eat it at home. I have been limiting myself to places that have a drive thru to once a week. I went to the gym last Sunday and then Tuesday and was really sore. I meant to catch up with my P90X workouts, but wound up taking a few rest days. I'm going to consider this next week to be week 3 of the program, just so that I can keep things straight. I did get in two walks this week as well, so at least it wasn't a total wash.

I can't seem to get full most of the time, but I've recently been drinking more water, so I hope that my body will adjust soon, and not be quite as hungry all the time. It doesn't help that I'm bloated from my cycle, but I'm guessing most of us on this team will be deal with this throughout the challenge. I'm hoping to also somewhat regulate my sleep this week, but I don't know how it's going to work out, as I am a night owl, and can't seem to get up early without setting several alarms to get up. I'm hoping that by getting up at or near the same time every day will help me to at least do something and not sleep the day away.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Hi team. This has been a week of positives. My weight is done again this week after 3 weeks of staying the same. Just done a little more. Also went to see my knee surgeon and I am on the list to get both my knee replacements done in the next 6 months that sounds like a longtime but I have been trying to get it done for the last year finely the end is in site Stay positive and have a great night
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try drinking 2 cups of water before each meal. It helps make you feel full so you eat less and also helps you get your recommended water intake
  • twinkle150
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Weigh-ins are due today for week 4
    Due : Wed 1/27 midnight.

One point for every on-time weigh-in. 5 bonus points for every team with every member on-time weighin. Week #3 no longer counts for on-time weigh-ins.
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Last week was a rough one for me/our family. Anyway, i finally watched last week and this week's episodes. I did my strength training session while watching it so that i wouldnt be sitting there for close to 4 hrs straight. I am starting to understand and bond with the participants more....i hate when one of them goes home! No favorites though... Also although they've all lost a lot of weight....they mostly still look the same. That sounds petty of me...anyone else notice that. When is makeover week? :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Last week was a rough one for me/our family. Anyway, i finally watched last week and this week's episodes. I did my strength training session while watching it so that i wouldnt be sitting there for close to 4 hrs straight. I am starting to understand and bond with the participants more....i hate when one of them goes home! No favorites though... Also although they've all lost a lot of weight....they mostly still look the same. That sounds petty of me...anyone else notice that. When is makeover week? :)

I don't think they've lost as much as in previous seasons, so maybe that's why there doesn't seem to be the transformation we're used to seeing. I'm also curious when makeover week will happen. They usually do it when they're down to the last 6-7 contestants, so probably not for awhile yet. Although this season has been doubling up with the episodes, so it might be sooner than we think!
  • twinkle150
    Options
    Did anyone watch "My diet is the best"?
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What's going on this weekend? I'm doing housework and yard work tomorrow (Sunday). :)
  • twinkle150
    Options
    Taxes Uggh
  • atrosper
    Options
    I wound up in two meetings north of me all day, as well as quite some time in the car. I was hoping to have enough energy when getting home to do my workout, but I didn't sleep very well last night. I did my workout late last night, and couldn't stand all the hair collecting in the carpet, so I had decided to vacuum, which led to cleaning and rearranging for two and a half hours. Definitely going to be spending my Sunday doing catchup stuff.
  • twinkle150
    Options
    Where is the weigh-in form for this week?
  • digger61
    Options
    I cannot find it ether
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    twinkle150 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch "My diet is the best"?

One of my friends was telling me about it. She said it was pretty good and told me about one of the diets, but now I can't remember what it was called. Maybe "The Wild Diet" or something like that.

I watched a couple weight loss shows this week that I hadn't seen before. One of them was "Fit to Fat to Fit". It's where the trainer actually gains weight (in the first episode 60 pounds in 4 months) prior to working out with the client, in order to get a better perspective on what the heavy person is really going through. I thought it was a bit gimmicky, but pretty good overall.

I also watched one episode of "Extreme Weight Loss". I had not seen that before. Parts of it were good, but it made me kind of angry near the end. The girl, Rachel, who was supposed to be losing the weight - she only lost 3 pounds in the last 3 months. She was supposed to have lost 50 in that time frame in order to qualify for skin surgery. They still went ahead and did the surgery even though she still had a lot of weight to lose. She didn't fulfill her part, so why would they do it?? For the show (the big reveal), I'm sure. Anyway, I will watch another one of those but if this is the trend, then I won't continue watching it. If we could all just cut our flab away, then why bother working out and dieting?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    andy_geek wrote: »
    What's going on this weekend? I'm doing housework and yard work tomorrow (Sunday). :)

I know this is a post from last week, but I'll ask the question again for this weekend. What's everyone doing? Super bowl on Sunday? Any plans to keep it healthy?

For Saturday, my hubby and I are walking a 5K. It is the Wurst Run/Walk. Part of the Wurst Festival (as in bratwurst, beer, polka music and all things German) in a nearby town. It is his first 5K. He thinks he is pretty fit, but he rarely does any cardio so we'll see how he does. It is forecast to rain, so that adds to the excitement. It'll be fun! LOL

Super Bowl Sunday we are going to my father-in-laws to watch the game. I am making a big crockpot of chili (heavy on the veggies) and a big green salad. We'll also have the usual chips, dips and snacks but I'm planning to limit myself to a small amount of chips and salsa plus veggies and hummus for the snacking part. Counting everything as I want to stay in my calorie goal for the day.
  • andy_geek
    Options
    Superbowl sunday is almost here!

This weekend i'm preparing for a two week trip to China, i'll head over on Tuesday and return on the 22nd. Looong flight, but once i arrive it'll be easy to get my steps in. I always get a lot of walking in China :)
  • digger61
    Options
    andy_geek wrote: »
    Superbowl sunday is almost here!

This weekend i'm preparing for a two week trip to China, i'll head over on Tuesday and return on the 22nd. Looong flight, but once i arrive it'll be easy to get my steps in. I always get a lot of walking in China :)

Have a great trip
  • andy_geek
    Options
    Who is everyone rooting for in the Superbowl? I'm a Seahawks fan but rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. :)
  • atrosper
    Options
    I'll be rooting for the Broncos, only because I think that they are a better team than the Panthers.