New goals for summertime success..Please Share!

Options
I am not on as much as I would like,but it seems in the summer,we get busier(hopefully having some fun). I would like to hear how your summer is going and how you are doing with goals. Seems as if we are faced with more yummy foods and vacations,so may be more challenging. I haven't gone on any vacations:ohwell: ,but have stayed very busy gardening and hanging out with friends:smile: . Summer is my favorite time of year and helps me stay focused and push on with my goals. I am excited because I have about 5 more pounds til goal. Hard work finally paying off! I must say,I am enjoying having a "skinny" summer! A lot more energy! I am looking forward to hearing from everyone. Blessings and (((hugs)))):heart:

Replies

• tabbyrose727
    tabbyrose727 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Glad you're having a good summer!! I have been faced with a lot of little parties and get togethers, grilling out. But I've also had more time to exercise - and swim, which I'd forgotten how much I love!!! I think it's balancing out for the most part. Have missed you lately!
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Sounds as if you are having a fun summer! Food wise,I'm doing well,but have slacked on the exercise. Wish we had somewhere to swim here! Great exercise. Thanks for posting. I have missed all the lovely people of my group. Keep up the good work.:happy:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I am lucky. I have a gym with a pool. To tell you the truth Nov thru Jan is my hard months. I love to bike ride, gardening, swim in the summer. I gained 14 lbs last winter. Stayed in and ate! guess I need to do swimming in winter months,lol
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to "get it together." One thing after another has happened lately and it's always an excuse to eat comfort food and not exercise. I want to just get over it and move forward.

On the positive side, a group of ladies from work have started a walking group after work. We walk for about 30 minutes every night. I get exercise, but the bonus is that it makes me leave work on time. We are supposed to get off at 4:30, but there is always something I'm staying to finish, or one last email... This way, I keep m y gym shoes in the car, walk out at 4:30 and put on my shoes and join the girls for a walk. 4 laps around the lot is about 1.5 miles and we're done by 5. So I am actually home earlier than I would have been if I'd just worked and I've gotten in some exercise too. And I get some social time, which I lack in life. And it's harder to skip when I know they're all waiting for me.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Don't you love summer! Swimming is so good for you and easy on the joints. Winter is tough for me,also. Need sun! Thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    That's awesome that you are walking with your coworkers. Always seems more fun,when you exercise with someone else. I understand what it's like to have emotional stuff going on. I am having issues with my youngest,but I am determined not to let it ruin my journey. I'm too close to let anyone(or anything) sabotage my hard work. Sounds as if you are on the right path. Thank you for sharing. I wonder where all the rest of our group went? I will check on them and see what's up. Hopefully,just busy because of summer. :smile: