Fit and Fabulous in February

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
I know it's still a week out, but thought I'd post this for folks to start thinking about goals for February (and before I forget). ;)

Replies

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! I'm glad you are doing this early because I REALLY need to wrap my head around February BEFORE I leave on a 10 day cruise on the 3rd! I KNOW that if I set my intentions and goals early it will help me stick to it better for the cruise so here goes:

I'm going to attempt 1250 exercise minutes for the month of February.
    and some goals for my cruise/trip (Feb 3-18):
    1-TRY not to eat for the sake of eating, make sure the tummy is ACTUALLY hungry.
    2-Attempt to make the best healthy food choices 75-80% of the time.
    3-Look into the fitness center on board the ship and if the opportunity to workout more than 20 minutes per day arises-TAKE IT!
    4-Keep empty calorie adult bevies to a MINIMUM.

Hopefully this will help, I'm writing it down to post in my stateroom too!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same as always! Try harder at the weekend! Lose 8lbs, aspiration ally!
  • 12kcooper88
    12kcooper88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My February goals are relatively simple, but I'm going to post to keep myself accountable:
    1. Minimum of 3 group fitness classes each week
    2. Track Daily-even on those days when I know I won't like what the diary has to say!
    3. End of Month Weight: 120
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great to get these in early! Mine are:
    1. Maintain weight 135-140 after the wedding.
    2. Join lots of sports clubs in Bermuda (moving there in February)
    3. Take a yoga class at least 5 days a week for a month (have been given a free pass as a present)
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    No snow in Bermuda Sam!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    No snow in Bermuda Sam!

I know! Disaster!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    No snow in Bermuda Sam!

I know! Disaster!

But I'd love to know. You get on, I really fancy working and living abroad. Have you got jobs there then?

• clairice2
    clairice2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Goals for February:
    Log everything - Reduce sugar and carbs & increase the protein. (reduce the sweet treats in the evenings).

Exercise:
    Badminton 2x per week
    Gym 2 x per week
    Walk / Jog 2x per week
    One class of yoga per week. (keep me injury free) ;)

Best of luck everyone. <3
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bermuda! I'm jealous!
    My goals for February:
    Get to the gym 3-4x's a week
    Don't just rely on cardio but add core, upper body and strength
    Stay on track with the diet--getting in lots of protein and less carbs
    Have fun, everyone!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Sounds like lots of great goals; looks like protein is becoming a common theme for the group.
    Sam, how long until the move? It's exciting, but can be stressful too. Hope all goes smoothly.

Goals:
    Weight: 158 (1lb loss/week) on Feb 29.
    - I'd love to see more, but trying to be happy with slow and steady.

Diet: Stick to 5:2 IF for the month (M, W, F: net ~600 cal; Tue, Sat: net ~1200 cal; Thu, Sun: net~2000 cal; avg daily intake ~1200).
    - My exception will be 20-22 where I'm going away for my cousin's wedding. I'll try to save a few extra calories weeks before and after to counter the extra (particularly empty) calories with family celebrations.

Workout: 5 workouts/week, target is 3 Jillian workouts and 2 full cardio; 700 minutes total

CW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):
    W2 (Feb 11):
    W3 (Feb 18):
    W4 (Feb 25):
    Final (Feb 29): (this will be after another high calorie day so comparing apples to apples rather than using March 1, which should be after a 600 calorie day and expected to be lower.)
  • Fitforevermore
    edited February 2016
    Options
    , I'm starting this month super dedicated. I've done two good days , and ran 5miles home today with a big work bag in 45 mins!
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope your February is off to a good start!

So I ate a lot lot lot after my wedding for pretty much all of January (including a very indulgent honeymoon cruise last week). I went from 125 on my wedding day (mostly 126-128 in the weeks leading up to it) to a shocking 148 when I stepped on the scale yesterday. After just one day of logging and sticking to my calorie goal, I was down a couple lbs today, so I know there's at least some water retention going on which usually happens to me after flying (and of course eating loads of junk).

Let me be a big (fat) warning to you all to have a plan in place to maintain after the wedding. It's SO uncomfortable to be in this body again and even though I knew there would be consequences to my eating, I didn't even think it could be this bad! I ate a lot in secret and at work, so my husband (!) doesn't quite get how I managed this and suggested I go to the doctor :(

So, my goal for February is to just be diligent and log every day. I'm not going to set a specific weight target because I'm not sure how much is water weight currently. I think I'll have a better sense of where I am by next week. Right now the 120s seems so far off, but I know it won't seem so far away once I'm in the 130s...and that's not SO far off.

I walked on the treadmill last night for 45 mins and ran outside with a coworker for 30 minutes on my lunch break today, so at least I'm moving in the right direction.

SW: 145.8
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Wow! Here we are in February and I am CRAZY busy both at work and at home to prep for our upcoming cruise, we leave tomorrow evening!

I didn't get a planned workout in yesterday as I was too tired to get up in the morning and my evening class time was moved and shortened for some unknown reason, so I opted to get some packing and stuff done instead. Tonight I hope to go to my Cardio Boxing class and then tomorrow morning have one more visit with the elliptical before we begin our next adventure!

@CostaRica120 that does seem like a lot, I'm sure a good part is water weight and bloat from having different types of foods and etc You will get it under control, and definitely a good lesson to learn from--thanks for your honesty and willingness to share! And WELCOME back from your honeymoon! I hope it was FANTABULOUS!

Loving all the goals ladies! GO FOR IT!

I may be more sporadic or even completely absent over the next 17 days or so, but I'll try and stay current until I leave on the cruise on Friday and then catch up with my progress when I am back! Have a GREAT February!

And just in case I forget or miss it: Happy Groundhogs Day, Happy Super bowl, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Fat Tuesday, Happy Valentines day and Happy President's day! :mrgreen:
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Way to go Jools! Hope you're able to hold on to that dedication and motivation. Great run, especially with a load!

Hang in there Jill. It's a good reminder to the group to remember that our weight loss and wanting to be healthy need to be a lifestyle choice, not just for that one big day. I'm sure there's a pretty decent chunk of water weight there, but it's super frustrating even if it's only 10-15 lbs real gain. Hopefully you can find the balance between being super restrictive that you may have been focusing on the wedding day (that makes you want to binge and enjoy everything when that event is over) and completely throwing the rules to the wind. I think that's the struggle for all of us; like you said, we each need a plan that this journey (even if it's a maintenance journey to STAY healthy) will continue well beyond our wedding days. One step at a time. Sounds like you're off to a good start this month; we're here to help you keep on track.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    @CostaRica120 i totally hear you about secret eating! My partner often doesn't know how i put on so much when i have a crash week!

I think I'm in need of daily dedication this week, so yep day 3 gone well yay me :) (still not daring to step on the scales though! I also thought about doing the intermittant fasting @brisingr86 but I thought it might be dangerous and end up in a crash with me at the mo so I havent.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    45/1250 2/2
  • brisingr86
    edited February 2016
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Goals:
    Weight: 158 (1lb loss/week) on Feb 29.
    - I'd love to see more, but trying to be happy with slow and steady.

Diet: Stick to 5:2 IF for the month (M, W, F: net ~600 cal; Tue, Sat: net ~1200 cal; Thu, Sun: net~2000 cal; avg daily intake ~1200). see below
    - My exception will be 20-22 where I'm going away for my cousin's wedding. I'll try to save a few extra calories weeks before and after to counter the extra (particularly empty) calories with family celebrations.

Workout: 5 workouts/week, target is 3 Jillian workouts and 2 full cardio; 700 minutes total

SW (Feb 1): 162.0
    W1 (Feb 4):159.6 (-2.4; net yesterday 971; avg net for week [M-W]/target=739/800)
    W2 (Feb 11):
    W3 (Feb 18):
    W4 (Feb 25):
    Final (Feb 29): (this will be after another high calorie day so comparing apples to apples rather than using March 1, which should be after a 600 calorie day and expected to be lower.)

I was high on calories from where I had targeted yesterday, but also kind of concerned I'm overdoing things a bit. I'm down 3 lbs in a week which I don't think is healthy. I also went back to read about the "official" 5:2 IF strategy and it actually says eat at TDEE (for me is about 1800) for 5 days and then at 25% that for 2 (450), which would net me about BMR (~1400). So, my new plan is going to be:
    M, F: 550 calorie intake
    Tue, W, Sat:intake 1500
    Th, Sun: intake 2100
    =Average intake 1400 calories (a little under my calculated BMR, but not by much); if I stick at least kind of close to my workout goals, my net will still be about where previously targeted between 11-1200.

Workout: 1/5 cardio 60/700 (need to buckle down on workouts as usual); I'm hoping increasing the calories will give me a little more energy.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Day 4 still good :)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Keep it up Jools! You got this.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thanks Sarah! Ok still on track, got to make it through the weekend!
    Sw: 166
    W1: 163.6