Welcome!!

Hi all,
Welcome to the group! Hope everyone enjoys this place, there aren't many pescatarian groups out there so I hope this thing fits the bill :) .
I've just began my journey with this lifestyle and I really love it.
Give a shout out about yourself and have fun!

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,364 Member
    Hi! Thanks for creating this group weirdtalon. I have been vegan-ish on and off over the last few years and since the start of January I've been back to vegan. Trying for as close to 100% as I can. I eat a nutritarian diet as best I can. A whole foods, plant based diet with as many low calorie high nutrient foods as possible. It is a bit of a process for me, but eating this way really gets rid of my cravings.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Good timing for me, I'm about to move back to a pescatarian diet after eating lots of red meat and chicken for a while and finding it's not really suiting me. I have a lot of meat to finish off first but looking forward to getting rid of it all and going back to the gorgeous fish!
  • simplycidalia73
    simplycidalia73 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi there!

I'm transitioning to a mostly plant-based diet (aiming for at least 95% vegan eating) but will likely have some very occasional fish/seafood on occasion (particularly for social situations, eating out at non-veg friendly restaurants, etc.).

• JennaSpier
    JennaSpier Posts: 4 Member
    Hello there. My name is Jenna and I'm 36 (hanging onto my ability to claim this age until the last second because I will turn 37 on June 20th. ugh lol) Today is my first day ever using this site. I was using a different website in 2014 and lost 20 pounds but I stopped keeping track of what I was eating (and stopped exercising because I got really busy with school) and I gained all 20 pounds back. :( So on Thursday (June 2nd) I decided to get myself back on track and a friend of mine recommended I try this site because the one I used to use didn't have all the features this one has, so I'm hoping this will help. I become a vegan on November 4th, 2013 but wasn't getting enough protein so after a couple months, a friend suggested I try Pescatarianism and that is what I have been ever since. I love it. I guess I am mainly vegetarian at this point, but I occasionally eat seafood about once a month, so I proudly claim the Pescatarian label. :) Other than seafood, I have not had a single bite of meat since November 3rd, 2013 and I have never felt better. I had a ton of health problems that have almost all completely vanished since I stopped eating land animals. However, I do want to take those 20 pounds off again. I've been trying to research what the best way to lose weight in a healthy way is and it seems like no one can agree. From low fat / high carb, to low carb / high fat, to low carb / high calories, to low calories / high protein, to high calories /low protein, and on and on... everyone I know is giving me conflicting information. What do all of you suggest? Thanks! :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Group hasn't been too active but I thought id step in an say hi anyways :) My name is Ali, ive been a pescatarian for almost 2 months now. Its definitely the best thing ive done for my health and has helped me in so many ways! Mostly when it comes to eating out I tend to make a lot better choices now. No more fried chicken for me! Hope you guys are doing great on your journey :)