Weekly Chat January 25-31

Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Well guys.........we are now halfway done with this challenge!!!!!!! Way to go for sticking with it everyone!!!

Replies

• yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am curious about what everyone else is doing or has done in the past as far as diets/eating philosophies. My lunch group at work has recently been discussing low carb, weight watchers, 21 day fix, etc. I have always just looked at calories in vs calories out, but I am starting to wonder if I am missing something. Thanks!

Jessica
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I personally try to stay away from as many carbs as I can because I tend to get the belches from carbs. Breads and pasta are the worst for me. And when I say belches I mean the kind that can crash a party when you aren't even in the room (yes I have done that). I also steer away from raw veggies because they cause heartburn for me. I just try to eat leaner meats and plenty of veggies and fruits. I don't always succeed but I'm still trying.
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 That is pretty much where I am too except I can do fresh veggies too. It's just going a lot slower than I would like to see.
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    So january was not a good month for me as far as the challenge... Vaca into stomach sickness into bad cold. Supposed to be training fir half marathon too. So i am hoping the cold is just about over and February i will do much much much better!!

Love reading all your inspirational stories everyday. Keep up the great work everyone.
    Evelyn
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I posted a discussion about losing the 5 lb gain from vacation.

Weighing daily and posting it for everyone to see really helps me stay accountable.

Last night I really wanted to eat a dessert after dinner but knew I did not have the cals left. And I knew I wanted to hopefully see a drop in weight this morning.

Strategy worked!!

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I posted a discussion about losing the 5 lb gain from vacation.

Weighing daily and posting it for everyone to see really helps me stay accountable.

Last night I really wanted to eat a dessert after dinner but knew I did not have the cals left. And I knew I wanted to hopefully see a drop in weight this morning.

Strategy worked!!

:)
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    BACK!!! I had a week off of work last week. . . I completely meant to check in here from time to time, but life happened. More specifically, nap time happened! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.