Genivar's Rants

Options
genivar
genivar Posts: 22 Member
Fem. 38. 5'4", cw 170.

Alright, I hope this isn't met with angry response, but I have difficulty getting all my calories in a day. I don't lose weight because I either eat bad food or more likely I don't eat enough to lose weight. I am quite busy and as long as I have something to do, I don't think about food at all... Well until the delicious commercials :p
I have no trouble accumulating bad calories, I'm always up for a burger, fries and beer. The trouble is that I'm not eating those anymore. I really am trying to consume more but i talk myself out of eating things that aren't perfect. On a regular work day I get up early (5:30), clean the bathrooms, reboot the laundry and have a coffee and a banana on my way to the gym, i work out (only 45 minutes and not intensely). I go to work and have an apple or similar, lentil soup or similar for lunch, cucumber, carrots and bell peppers as a snack and maybe an orange. Supper time I look at my calories and I have 800 or so left (I try to get at least 1000-1200 calories per day) and I look through the cupboards... "Ritz crackers? Is it worth the calories? no too high in bad stuff and no real satisfaction. Bread? No, makes me bloaty and if I was going to consume bad calories it wouldn't be on this. I could cook some chicken breast and make a salad... Too much work. I'll figure it out later."
Later never comes. I (most of the time) will force some supper but I'm not hungry and I'm tired of eating.
I've tried to create some solutions, I made some lentil & barley soup, made baked beans and minestrone & left it in the fridge I'm doing better... I get 800-1100 most days.
Warning this will sound whiny - It's just so much work to cook all the time and eat constantly. I get tired of chewing. I'll keep trying though... And keep chewing ugh.

Replies

• LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm supposed to be 1200 calories after logging food I get a message I'm not eating enough. I'm alone and it's hard to get all the food in. I'm not buying junk food so the bad things are no longer in house.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Have you tried protein shakes for dinner? I don't eat dinner Mon-Fri, and if I need calories I have a protein shake after my workout to help my muscles recover. I try to find a good protein mix that has lots of vitamins and not too much junk. I mix it with almond-coconut milk and it is so delicious and filling. Good luck!
  • genivar
    genivar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fem 38. 5'4" cw 165
    Sooo, I guess the only way to post in here is to reply to your own post. hahaha. Wish i had figured that out earlier.
    It's been a difficult couple of weeks. I checked my hip waist ratio a few months ago and it wasn't great. I checked my BMI and i'm just very barely out of the obese category into the "overweight". I have to say I much prefer being "over weight" to "obese". My friend who talks me through most things told me to ignore my BMI. It was designed for measuring populations not individuals. He is about 5'6' and a stocky, broad, fit 180 lbs. The BMI put him over 29 in their measure which is just shy of obese. So I thought ok, maybe I'm not so bad. It took a while for me to be convinced, several conversations. I'm typically pretty stoic but applied to be part of a research trial for increasing physical activity (interventions) in adults that weren't getting their recommended physical activity every day. The recommended target is 150 minutes of cardio per week and 60 minutes of strength training. I don't hit that. I thought it would be a nice change of environment (different gym) and the opportunity to have a personal trainer observe me and give me pointers for no cost. Added bonus, i have increased incentive as there is someone waiting for me and relying on me to complete this thing so they can complete their degree.
    Hahaha well I showed up to the beginning a body scan in a pod. No problem, I'm not claustrophobic. Have to go in naked, sure I don't care. And in I go a few clicks and knocks and what sounds like an MRI or CAT scan or whatever that thing is. In no time the door is swung open and I'm done. I get my bits covered and check out what the girl is looking at on her screen... Oh it's my body scan... FAT PERCENTAGE 42.5. WHAT???
    I've been lifting weights for almost a year! Well I talk myself down, yes Gen, that looks really bad but we don't know what normal is, wait until we get home and we'll look it up I'm sure it's no big...WTF! I am 12.5% over overweight! I am clinically obese. I, me, I am obese. No blaming the BMI now is there? It was like someone hit me in the face with a brick.
    I cried. I actually cried. I was not remotely prepared for that information.
    I'd have to lose 11 lbs of fat just to be overweight.
    I had trouble saying it out loud so I dried my eyes and got up my courage and went to talk to my bodybuilder husband (who can lose 11 lbs. with ease). He just said "yup. You're the same now that you were this morning. There's nothing to be upset about."
    That was Friday.
    Today is Wednesday, I still haven't come to terms with it.
    I know, I know this sounds ridiculous. There are people with hundreds of pounds to lose just to be confident they will live another 10 years. I just cannot shake it. My logical self sees what my husband sees. It's just information, it doesn't change anything. It gives me a starting marker. However, my psycho side is screaming at me. "Yup take another bite you miserable fat cow."
    You don't have to accost me for being vain, I know I'm vain AND likely shallow if I let something like this bother me this much oh and let's not forget insensitive to those that have actual medical issues because of their weight.
    The problem is there is no actual formula "everyone is different".
    Oh well,I'll just continue. One foot in front of the other. There's nothing else I can do.
    I'd better go to bed, I'm depressing myself! hahaha
  • jessicakahn606
    jessicakahn606 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Awww I am so sorry.... I know it is hard coming to that realization... You aren't vain and sure there are so many out there with health problems but you still have the right to be upset with the way things are at the moment. Just by you thinking about the others out there proves to me you aren't vain. You are stronger than you realize! Something great is going to come out of this! You have some upsetting new information. Though this wasn't the news you were hoping for it will help you plan your weight loss goals. It will help motivate you to do more and lose more and gain the lifestyle you want to have. It also sounds like you have a very loving and supporting husband to help you. You won't be obese forever! You can do it! Just know you aren't alone and you are clearly loved.