Stats:
female
33y
5'10
160 lbs
40 in waist
3 kids ages 5 and 2(twins)

Plan:
We have a Disney Star Wars cruise on 2-20-16 I want to lose as much weight as possible before then, so my current goal in MFP is 2lbs a week. That allots 1200 calories a day plus exercise. (I think I've got all my journals open) Because I want to start out aggressive I haven't been eating back all my exercise calories, feeling hungry and cravings thankfully haven't ever been an issue. I'll be doing lots of cardio during this time frame because I want to run a 5k during the cruise and need to get myself in running condition.

During the cruise I'll set myself up to maintain and most likely eat any and all exercise calories. Running the 5k and hopefully utilizing the gym for some weight lifting.

After the cruise I plan to re-evaluate and possibly scale back to 1lbs a week loss or even alternating just to keep things interesting until my brother in law's wedding 5-6-16. I'm hoping for 20lbs loss in 100 days. During this stretch I'd like to transition away from heavy cardio and into a weight lifting routine. I've never been good and sticking with weight lifting so I'm hoping the weight loss will motivate me towards wanting muscle gain....but we'll see. I do love cardio.

We have a loosely scheduled "summer" cruise with our whole extended family. In fantasy world I would like to be 125lbs by that cruise. I haven't been that weight since I was 20 though, and at that weight its more about being strong and active than a number on a scale.

So that's the plan; eat less, stay between 1200 and added exercise calories, workout more.

Replies

• kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    abwdiwsab22a.jpg

Here is the all important starting picture!
  • kettiecat
    Options
    iabm14j7rolp.jpeg

650 calorie dinner.

The kids have homemade mac and cheese. Theirs looks much better.
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have fun on the Disney Star Wars cruise Darth Kettiecat! I'm jealous.
  • kettiecat
    Options
    kulh5w1edix8.jpeg

300 calories brunch
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thats a great lunch for just 300 cals !
  • kettiecat
    Options
    I started my weight lifting routine last night. Felt great doing it, very sore day. Trying to summon the will to do my C25k tonight.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow both meals pictured look so good! Your little one looks like he was going to sneak a bite :)
  • kettiecat
    Options
    Started week 3 of my couch to 5k program, still on track to be ready for the Castaway Cay 5k. Trying to find a good macro balance within my calorie limit seems to be this weeks challenge.
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    Congrats for keeping up the consistency on the C25K. Great effort !
  • kettiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    eaidbn50rua8.jpeg

181 post weightlifting breakfast
  • kettiecat
    Options
    fswbt9t31ir0.png

So looking at this week of weight tracking can anyone tell the two days I lifted weights?

1/30 and 2/3. BOTH those days were followed by up ticks in my weight most likely from water retention as my muscles repaired themselves. Information is the reason I weigh daily.
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow that is very informative
  • kettiecat
    Options
    I'm really excited for tomorrow's weigh in and measures. I'm forcing myself to only measure every two weeks and I'm really hoping to see some kind of movement. I live in yoga pants and leggings so it's really hard to tell if they're getting looser.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the graph. I have been avoiding the scale because I have such a hard time not being manic about the number. This is a pretty compelling argument for collecting more data.
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    Good Luck for the measures !
  • kettiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    2 week update!
    weight 160 -> 156
    waist 40 -> 39.5
    Ribs cage 34 -> 33.5
    hips 42 -> 40.75
    arm 13 -> 12
    thigh 24 ->24.5

Spot on for healthy sustainable weight loss!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great job kettiecat!! Keep up the great work.
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • kettiecat
    Options
    abgna804ea3l.jpeg

Might be a little hard to read but this is the beginning of my weightlifting journey. Not on any particular program found a couple of dumbbell beginner programs and meshed them together. I started out at the lightest weight I could. Working on form. Picked 3x10 because I'd prefer to increase the weight at a slower pace than 5x5 programs seem to. I only increase weight if I complete all the reps, have good form for all of them, and don't alter my pace. I plan on sticking with this for 12 weeks then changing some of the lifts to keep things interesting. I'm working out every 3 days to make sure I'm getting enough rest.

• Kell2912
    Kell2912 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're all over this Kettiecat. Awesome work. I live for the day i get up to a workout like yours. You are going to be awesome for that fantastic cruise