Good cardio exercise for SPD??

So I am about 22 weeks and SPD seems to be setting in again..... Lots of pelvic pain today, to the point of struggling to get into the car. I have read conflicting advice about cycling (which I do every day) and swimming breaststroke (my preferred stroke, and I swim a couple of times a week) is a definite no, so I am on the hunt for new cardio.

Does anyone have any experience with SPD in pregnancy? I would like to keep on exercising to keep the weight under some control, but not sure is best. I though possibly rowing as it keeps the pelvis stable, but the bump may get in the way?

Replies

• Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    what about swimming with a pull buoy? Its the little foam thing that goes between your thighs. You gently hold it there, thus more or less taking your legs out of the equation. We used to use them in swim team as a kid to strengthen arms. That could get your cardio still going. Theres also boxing type moves (arms only) to get your heartrate up
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Sorry, I just realised I posted this thread twice! I thought it had gone wrong the first time! Thanks for those tips, Slasher, I hadn't considered either but will give it a go!