Fitbit Calorie Adjustment wrong

Options
167891012»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm having this issue as well, so it must be an issue with MFP as I have a Garmin. What mine is doing is putting my tdee too high so it's saying I've burned 422 calories, instead of the actual 582 that is shown on my Garmin app. Hoping there's a fix soon.

Huge thread to read - but those adjustments have nothing to do with ONLY the calorie burn of a workout - so they should rarely if ever match.

The are the difference between MFP with no exercise logged and your selection of activity level, and what the activity tracker reported as total daily calorie burn.

You could have no exercise and be very active and have big adjustment.
    You could have exercise and very inactive and have no adjustment.

So you had a workout that burned 582 and was added to your daily burn in Garmin stats - and that total daily burn was only 422 above what MFP thought you'd burn with no exercise.

So it corrects for exercise and actual daily activity level compared to what MFP estimated it would be.

And actually, from the numbers you gave - you should be thinking it made your TDEE too low, not too high. You have the idea reversed. But that's ok, that's not the way it works anyway.
  • mom4gj
    mom4gj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place. Thank you to whoever wrote the FAQs. Very helpful. I recently purchased a Fitbit zip. It is syncing steps to MFP perfectly, but when I look at look at Calorie adjustment, both the Fitbit calories burned and the MFP calories burned are zero. The Fitbit calorie adjustment is zero. I see from this post that there are issues with the MFP app. Is what I'm seeing normal? Or not? Thanks!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @mom4gj : There's apparently a bug in the iOS app, from the messages I've seen, so if you have an iPhone that's probably the issue. Try looking at your account using the web site instead of the app. I believe I saw that MFP knows about the bug and is working on it.